Twinless

It's been a long time... but in that long time, I've been writing... and I met Cassandra Clare, and I screamed. And I'm sorry. I feel really, really bad. But, the other day, I logged onto my wattpad account and there it was; 2,000 reads! Also, my other story, on my other account (@GraceCooper) hit 2,000 reads a little before, so I was really happy! Thank you guys so much, and I'm so sorry for destroying your souls with the twin x twin fight :( it killed me too. There's a little more, so be warned! But I think 2,700 words is pretty good for an update... right? All characters apart from Arietta, Ellie, Alice and Alfie belong to J.K Rowling.

Thanks again!

-Grace

Blood ran down George's face, but Fred was too angry to stop there, his heart was beating in his chest. He looked down at his fist, then to Arietta, who had been helped up to her knees by Mrs Weasley, and then back to his twin.

"How? How can you do that, George? How can you hit someone, a girl, in fact, it doesn't even matter if it's a bloody girl, how can you hit one of your friends, one of your family like that?" Fred's voice was dangerously quiet, as the words wrenched themselves from his throat in a betrayed growl. "SHE'S MY FIANCÉ. SHE'S MEANT TO BE YOUR BEST FRIEND. HOW CAN YOU DO THAT?" His voice was loud, loud enough to wake up the sleeping children upstairs.

"Fred... you don't understand..." George's face was softer now, his eyebrows bending into his forehead in a pleading way, his lips tucked tight together, and still, the blood trickled down from his bent and now bruised nose onto his top lip.

"WHAT ISN'T THERE TO UNDERSTAND?" Fred roared, centimetres away from his twins face, and he saw his brother flinch away in fear.

"I... I... I got in a fight with Ellie... I hit her... we had an argument... I said some stuff... she said some stuff... Arietta; just came in and slapped me, and I just... I just let it all out..." George's two front teeth were chewing down mechanically on his bottom lip, exposing the raw skin under his lips.

"WELL NEXT TIME, LET IT OUT ON SOMEONE WHO DESERVES IT. SOMEONE LIKE YOURSELF." Fred's fist connected with his twin's stomach, and George made a moan of agony.

"You need to get out of here. Nobody's going to stop you. Nobody will miss you. You've betrayed us all. Come back when you realise what you've done. Come back when it's sunk in that you've abused your girlfriend, your brother's fiancé, betrayed your whole family, and that you are acting like nobody I want to call my brother, let alone my twin. Get. Out."

Taking one desperate, searching look at his brother, George grabbed a jacket from the coat stand, and slammed the door behind him.

A few minutes went by, with a grim silence filling the room, before Arietta made a horrible sound, that came deep within her throat, which sounded half like a moan of pain and a shrunken, shrivelled-up sob.

"W-we need.... We need to find Ellie..." Arietta gasped, as though it hurt her to talk, which, it probably did, judging by the damage George had done to her stomach.

"Yes. Fred, take Arietta upstairs. Arthur and I will look for Ellie outside." Mrs Weasleys voice sounded heartbroken, but she covered it up with a reassuring smile.

So Fred carried Arietta up the stairs, and onto their bed, where he bathed her wounds, and registered the fact, over and over, that his twin had done this.

Arietta's jaw was badly bruised, possibly fractured in one place, there was several small, but considerably deep, inch long gashes from where pieces of the mug that had been smashed had bit into her thigh and calf.

Her head seemed to be bleeding, and all down the right side of her face was covered with a huge deep purple and red bruise, and a gash that ran from her forehead to her chin.