You Don't Understand.

It was early in the morning, no birdsong, no light, nothing, apart from the insistent wailing of one of the babies.

"Ugh." Arietta rolled over in her bed, sat up, and peered into the moses baskets that were perched on the dressing table.

"Shh. Shh, Alice, Shh." She picked up her daughter and cradled her gently in her arms.

As Alice went back to sleep, Arietta could hear a crash from across the hall, and a hushed argument.

There was a loud bang, and Alice's eyes flew open again, much to Arietta's dismay.

Having, once more, got her child to sleep again, she went out to investigate the source of the noise and 'sternly inform' the source of Alice's re-awakening.

There was nobody on the landing, and as Arietta discovered when she went into the kitchen, nobody in the kitchen either.

They must be outside.

Who would come into the house, crash about, and then leave hurriedly?

Only one answer.

Or was there? If it was Death Eaters, surely spells would be flying everywhere. Not Death Eaters, then.

Even so, Arietta grabbed her wand from the table and went outside, still seeking the source of this early morning commotion.

As she went outside, she heard sobbing, the kind of sobbing that breaks your heart.

It was coming from a shadow by the hedge.

As Arietta got closer, she saw it was Ellie.

"El..." She rushed to her best friends side and put an arm around her shoulder. "What's wrong?"

"G-George... and I... we... we had an argument." Ellie stuttered through her tears.

"Well, that's ok, all normal couples have fights." Arietta put her arm around Ellie's shoulder.

"This... this wasn't a normal fight." Ellie looked up at her friend, wiping tears away from her eyes. "It was because lately he's been... holding back. I asked him why..." She shook her head, almost in disgust with herself. "He said... he said that we weren't right together. I asked him why he was holding back, again... things just escalated from there, and he said that I deserve to be tortured and killed by Death Eaters like the worthless scum I am." She breaks off into crying, almost howling.

Only now did Arietta notice a dark bruise running down Ellie's cheek.

"Did George... did he do this to you?"

Ellie nodded.

"He's still in the house, isn't he?" Ellie nodded again.

"Right." Arietta got up and walked towards the house. She opened the door to the kitchen to find George standing there, sipping tea from a mug, as if nothing had happened.

Arietta strode up to him, and slapped him hard across the face, causing the mug to drop from his grasp and smash on the floor.

"HOW DARE YOU? HOW DARE YOU SAY THAT TO ELLIE?" She raised her hand to slap him again, but he caught her wrist, and pushed her away from him, and against the wall. Arietta felt her back thump against the wall, and her spine stung with pain.

"You don't understand." George said, through gritted teeth.

"I UNDERSTAND PERFECTLY WELL." Arietta screamed, hurling herself at him once more. She kicked him in the groin, and he doubled over, but recovered quickly, and grabbed her by the hair and slammed her onto the floor.

He punched her hard in the stomach, and she felt her gut burn with pain. George punched her over, and over.

"Help me...please..." She screamed, with the last ounce of her breath.

"George. Weasley. You get away from Arietta, right. Now." Mrs Weasley's voice rung through Arietta's ears.

George stepped away from Arietta's curled up form, that was heaving slightly.

"You... despicable person... how dare you... I am ashamed to call you my son." Molly Weasley hollered, rushing to Arietta's side.

Fred, having woken up to his fiance gone, and his mother yelling at his twin, had rushed downstairs.

His mother was crouched next to Arietta, who was curled up on the kitchen floor, her chest heaving, and his twin, standing, smashed china at his feet, watching him with wide eyes.

"What... what happened?" Fred asked, the sheer tone of disbelief clear in his voice.

"George!" Mrs Weasley smiled at George, a sickly sweet edge running into her voice, "Why don't you tell your twin what you've done to his fiance."

Fred look at George, who had his mouth open, fear shining bright in his eyes.

"You did this to her?"

George's eyes slid to the ground.

"You bastard." Fred raised his fist, and punched his twin in the nose, a satisfying crack coming from his nose.