Chaper Three- Sophia

face.

Chapter Three- Sophia

I can't believe he asked me out. Of all people he asked me. I continued to look through my closet deciding what to wear. I still haven't asked my mom if I could go with him. Quickly, I grabbed a notepad and a pen and ran downstairs.

"Hi honey. Did you need anything?"

Nodding, I wrote on the worn notepad, Can I go to the movies Friday night with a friend?

She read it.

"Is this friend a boy?" She teased.

I blushed thinking of Daniel and she smiled.

"Let me meet him first and then I will decide. Oh don't give me that face. He can come over tomorrow after school."

I nodded and went to my room. I stood in front of my mirror and took a good look at myself. I had my mother's brown eyes only mine were darker and had a dark ring around the iris. Also I got her dark brown hair. Everything else is either from my dad or my mom's relatives. I was slightly shorter than average, I had a small nose, pink lips, I had curves, and I was slightly tan. I dragged my fingers through my mess of hair that went past my chest.

The next day I got ready in record time considering it takes me at least twenty minutes to wake up after my alarm. I just threw on some red skinny jeans, a black t-shirt, and my converse.

"Let's go, Sophia. You're going to be late." my mom called from downstairs.

At school I was walking to my spanish class when Daniel caught up with me.

"Did you ask your parents if you can go tonight to the movies with me?"

I winced when he said parents but nodded.

"What did they say?" he pressed.

I grabbed my notepad and wrote, My mom said she wanted to meet you first. Sorry :l She said you can come after school and if she "approves" then we can go.

He read it over and replied, "Cool so do you want me to take you after school? My parents finally let me bring my bike to school so if you want to ride with me."

My cheeks warmed up a bit and I nodded. I got out my phone and texted my mom if daniel could give me a ride home and she replied saying sure.

The school day was slightly less irritating than usual. It was actually fun. In lunch there was a food fight. Daniel and I hid under a table while we were laughing till our stomachs hurt. It didn't help that he was tickling me. In art we had to draw our families but using our imagination. Daniel drew an alien family. He even added a dog and fish to the picture. I envied the fact that he had a brother, a sister, and a dad. In my picture all I could draw were two fish. One for me and one for my mom.