Chapter Two- Daniel

I couldn't sleep so I figured I would just upload now. :P

----------------------------------

"No Alice, I don't need you to come inside the school with me." I groaned as my sister kept insisting to go with me.

"Why? Are you embarrassed by me?" she asked like it was a trick question.

"No, I'm not. Bye Alice." I replied to my older sister.

Shutting the car door, I walked briskly to the school.

I walked to a door with the faded word "OFFICE" on top.

"Excuse me, ma'am, I'm here to pick up my my schedule. My name is Daniel Molina." 

"Here you go. You're going to be late to class."

Looking at my schedule, I saw I had Spanish first. This should be easy.

When the last bell to go home rang, I was relieved that I finally get to take off these shoes. I hate wearing these. I was returning to go to the office when I ran into someone.

"I'm sorry. I didn't see where I was going." I said.

She just mouthed "Sorry" and walked off.

"Wait!" I said then paused. I don't know why, I just had to talk to her more. 

"I'm new and my name's Daniel. What's your name?"

She got out a piece of paper and wrote something on it then gave it to me. I looked down and saw she wrote her name, "Sophia" .

"Cool so are you going to talk or what?" I said stupidly.

I mentally slapped myself when I noticed she was writing something else down.

"I can't" she wrote. 

When I looked at her I saw a flash of pain then hurt and anger. She walked away and I called out "Wait!" but she ignored me.

Later that night, I went to my room and changed into some running shorts. I sat on my bed thinking about the girl. Sophia. I kept thinking about how her eyes were the cutest brown eyes I have ever seen. 

I got my guitar from beside my bed and began strumming meaningless notes. After a while I set my guitar down and I saw it was almost midnight, so I fell asleep.

-----------------------------

The next morning was still hard because I was still forgetting where my classes were, not that many people were much help. Although I kept my eyes open for Sophia. I saw her up ahead and grinned. I maneuvered my way through the crowd to get to her. 

"Hey," I said to her.

She smiled and waved but I could still see a bit of anger in her eyes. 

"What class do yo have first?" I asked hopeful.

She pulled out a folder and on it said "Spanish". I grinned because I had that class also for first period. I told her that and she cracked a smile. 

When the warning bell rang, we were already in our seats. We chose the ones in the back of the classroom and waited patiently for the teacher to arrive. She got out a piece of paper, scribbled on it, and handed it to me. 

The only reason I'm in this class is because I can write in spanish. 

I nodded and wrote back, I was wondering that. What other classes do you take?

She looked at me weird but shrugged her shoulders. Spanish, Math, Science, History, P.E., Art, and English. In that order. Why?

I grinned and replied, I have all those classes in that order. :)

She smiled and looked straight ahead when the teacher walked in. 

"Buenos días, clase. Hoy tenemos un nuevo estudiante. Por favor, preséntese." Mrs. Sanchez said.

I stood up spoke, "Me llamo Daniel. Tengo quince años y me gusta tocar mi guitarra." 

I sat down and Sophia gave me a mock applause. I chuckled and did a mock bow.

I had to do introduce myself in every class. By the second time I was annoyed by it so I changed it each time. On one I said that I was abducted by aliens while using a straight face. Out of the corner of my eye I could see Sophia giggle each time.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

I've been here a little over a week already and I still haven't ask Sophia out yet. I've been wanting to, but I always get nervous and back out. I figured if I'm going to ask I should just ask now. 

"Sophia, wait!" I called out after school. 

She stopped and stared at me.

"I was wondering if you wanted to catch a movie on Friday?"

She smiled and nodded then ran off to her mothers car. I went through out the rest of the day with a stupid grin on my face.