Drinks.

Ed's POV

"Th- the streets?" I'm confused. Why didn't he kiss me? Actions speak louder than words- I thought I knew what to do. Does he not feel that way about me anymore? I realize that my hands are in his and tilt my head.

What exactly is going on between us now?

"Yeah," Oswald confirms, "show me around the Narrows and stuff. Let's catch up over drinks if you want."

What I  want is you, dumbass.
At least I'm being true to myself now.

"Okay," I reply, putting on my hat. "Your jacket is a bit stained; as well as your shirt. I don't have another shirt here, but may I lend you a coat?" Oswald smiles and nods.

****

Oswald is now engulfed in a red and purple pinstriped coat, waddling along beside me on the sidewalk. I decide to converse.

"Who was that orphan who got hurt?" I ask.

"Martin; a child I met at the new orphanage in Gotham. I spend a lot of time there- well, I did, before Falcone's daughter flew onto my radar." I throw him a confused look. "Long story," Oswald continues. "Anyways, Martin was being bullied, but his actions showed potential. He was gonna light the kids on fire."

"Oh- fascinating!"

"Right? Well, I had to stop him from doing so, but I have been mentoring him with 'lessons' otherwise. He's a good kid."

"Definitely a peculiar one," I claim. "He seems quiet, too."

"I'm not sure why, but he doesn't speak. He writes on a little notepad around his neck."

"Hm. I'm still not exactly partial to children."

"Glad to see that you've stayed the same in many ways," Oswald says. I look down at him. The coat goes over his hands and covers his neck entirely. It's quite an endearing look, to be frank.

He looks up at me. Oswald purses his lips together, suddenly reaches his arm to the rim of my hat and takes it into his covered hands.

"Why do we fight over this stupid thing?" he asks.

"Because we both know that I look so much better in it."

"Shut up!" Oswald exclaims.

"Or maybe," I start more seriously, "it's because we find a piece of each other in the sentiments of the hat."

This makes him smile, but then Oswald voices, "Well, it was my hat to begin with!"

"Hush- you know I work it more."

Oswald puts it on his own head and meets my eyes. "I look dapper."

I sigh and grin. "That you do."

I notice a bar on the corner of the street and point to it. In silent agreement we walk to and in the building.

Him and I place ourselves on small red stools and wait for a bartender. I find myself staring at Oswald. His gaze again meets mine.

Damn, I might have to get a map... I keep getting lost in his eyes.

Oswald laughs and widens his eyes. "Smooth. Unexpected, but I suppose I like it."

I said that out loud?!
I look away in embarrassment.

The bartender comes to us. "What're you two having?" he asks.

"I'll have a grasshopper," I answer.