"I'll be back."

*before you read i'd just like to say that i really like this concept because of how realistic it is,  being that 4x09 just aired two days ago,  this story is actually a logical way that nygmobblepot could potentially play out with the help of martin's character. although i doubt this'll happen ofc i hope you'll take joy in reading it lol. this fic takes place a bit after 4x09; oswald still planning his revenge on sofia and martin now temporarily staying with him in the mansion. enjoy!*

Oswald's POV

"Martin! Martin, where are you?" I yell, walking into the dining room. "I thought that you were gonna help me plan our revenge." Silence. Not the noise of footsteps, nor the scratching of pen on paper."Martin!"

I smooth out my purple-streaked hair and take a breath. Is he not here? I walk around the mansion, searching for any sign of him. 

As minutes pass by, I feel myself growing anxious at the thought of the boy potentially being taken. Stripped away from me, because of me. I know he can't stay with me for long because of that reason- I'm a target. Martin may serve as one of my weak spots....

Sofia. What if she took him? I hurry into the living room in search for the telephone, when something white catches my eye. Paper. Paper attached to Martin's notepad. I grab it hastily and read the words scribbled in ink:

I went for a walk.
I'll be back.
Soon.

"Soon?" I scoff. "How long- how long is soon?"  I flip through the pages, and I'm greeted by new drawings of large weapons and crowds. The next page consists of sidewalks and a pentagon figure. That's all. If this is a clue as to where he is, it sure isn't helping. There are weapons and sidewalks on every single street of Gotham City. But he shouldn't be out there alone- especially if there's a chance that he's currently associated with me.

I yank the phone up to my ear and call Zsasz. 

He answers immediately. "Hey, boss."

"Victor, I need you to search the city for the quiet boy from the orphanage. Martin is his name. You know what he looks like. Ask around, and-"

"Woah, woah, woah, boss. Hold on," he interrupts. "You told me to go on a stakeout, to see if Sofia tries anything. You sure you want me to abandon this job?"

"Yes, I'm su- wait, no. Whatever. Stay there. I need your eyes on her. I'll look for Martin myself."

I hang up and start pacing the room. 

"Crowds, attention. Weapons, pain. Sidewalks.... Pentagon...?"

Attention, pain, crowded, public, pentagon....

My eyes grow wide.

He's in the Narrows.

yes ik this chapter
was short, bear with
me, i'll update 
tomorrow night xx