Hard Spring

Jack awoke with a start. Not remembering where he was, it took him a moment to register that he slept in the bar.

Navis gave him a hard pat on the back as he walked past him- chuckling. "Wake up Hercules."

Jack lifted his head in time to be bombarded with the light Navis was letting in as he rolled the wooden curtains up. Although dark out, the light was still too much on his still adjusting eyes.

"I don't want it to be a habit- you sleeping here. Last night was an exception because of - well, the bride crashing." Navis chuckled again but this time at the subtle joke he just cracked.

But Jack wasn't feeling funny. He ignored Navis. "What time is it?"

"8:30."

"Fuck," he dragged himself off the stool and out into the morning air. It was as dark as any April morning. Looking up at the sky, Jack cursed his luck. There was a storm coming. And that meant he would have to stay in his apartment all day- or at least the parts of the day that'll stay dark. And if the bride hadn't gained the sense to run off while he was away, it would mean he'd be trapped in it with her.

He was halfway to the apartment when the sky decided to split and pour what felt like buckets of water. Jack ran the rest of the way to the apartment. But it was futile. By the time he reached it he was completely drenched.

Unlocking the door, he shrugged out of his jacket and entered an empty apartment- or so he thought.

He took a few steps towards the other bathroom to see if she was still there. But there was no sign of her. Jack let out a breath of fresh air. But despite his relief, he couldn't help feeling a little disappointed. Although he acted like he didn't care about her story- he really was beginning to get an itch to know. Who those men were, and why she ran out of her wedding.

Jack threw his wet jacket onto the recliner and made his way into his room. Maybe he could imagine a story and fit it into a novel. 

It was still raining hard, adding to that lightening decided to join the show.

Kicking off his shoes, Jack pushed his bathroom door open. He heard the scream before seeing her grab the clear shower curtain to cover herself with.

Motherfucker, Jack thought as he realized he just walked into a down spiraling day.

--

Deena's fingers were shaking as she held the shower curtain tight against her body. Just when she thought she's gone through the worst- this happens. She silently cursed for even taking a shower. After she tried - and failed- to get the water running she should've went to the roof to wash herself. That would have been less awkward and less embarrassing than standing absolutely naked- with the exception of the sheer shower curtain- absolutely naked in front of a man she just met.

"I'm sorry for coming into your room and using your shower.." Deena spoke first with a voice so close to cracking she was surprised that it didn't. "The other one is brok-"

Before she could finish, he stormed out of the room.
...

Jack couldn't control himself any longer than he already did. Finding her naked in his shower, using his soap and maybe even his loofah, that was the last straw. He needed to get out of there. The night at the bar did nothing to calm his blood.

Minutes later Deena followed him out of the bathroom- with a towel wrapped around herself. His towel.

Jack groaned as she walked across his room with her head bowed in shame or embarrassment. He didn't really know which of the two she felt in that moment. He didn't care.

"Umm.." She cleared her throat. "I don't have anything beside my dress-"

Knowing where she was getting at before she finished her sentence, Jack stood off his bed and went towards his cabinet. He dug out one of his white V necks and extended his hand for her to get it from him.

Hesitating, she walked towards him. Jack's eyes settled on a drop of water making it's way down her jaw, roaming over her neck, caressing the soft bump of her collarbone and disappearing into the towel.

One hand clutching the towel and the other reaching to take the shirt she didn't think he'd make it hard for her to get it. Jack moved his hand back slightly.

Deena dropped her hand to her side. Her eyes traveled across his shoulders- his wet shirt was glued so tightly to his skin that she could trace every muscle as though he wasn't wearing anything. 

She finally lifted her eyes to meet his gaze. And it was anything but warm- it was smoldering. This stranger made Deena feel things her fiance- equally a stranger- didn't. But she was too taken by the window to his soul to feel guilty for her blatant double standard.

When she reached for the shirt the second time he didn't move his hand back. But he didn't let go either. He moved his fingers over hers, and before she can swipe her hand away Jack grabbed her wrist and moved her close to his body.

They stood like that- close, for a while. The feeling of his hot breath against her ear did nothing to calm her nerves. Instinctively, she turned her head away from his breath.  

The new grounds created too much feelings for her comfort- and some organ in her abdomen tightened or contracted.. whatever they were doing Deena was certain they felt nothing like butterflies.

"What's your name?" he murmured against her wet hair.

----

Why are you here? To torture me.. Is that it? Who sent you- why did you walk into that bar in that shredded dress? Jack wanted- needed to ask but he settled with a name.

Moving his hand from her wrist to run across the small of her back, Jack never dreamed that she would respond to his touch so easily. Her breath hitched and body arched naturally against his chest.

Jack groaned for the hundredth time since he first laid eyes on her.

She responded like a virgin. Jack pulled back slightly and studied the light tremble of her lower lip. He wondered if she's ever been kissed before.

What was he thinking? It's the twenty-first century. There's no way she's never been touched before.

Her panting pierced through the sound of thunder and rain. Jack felt electricity rush through his veins and down to his groin at the sound of her breath- the rise and fall of her chest.

"What are you mute?" he all but spat annoyed by the effect she had on him.

His sudden harshness made her body grow cold against his touch- and before he could warm her up again she pushed him away and ran out of his room with his shirt. Jack slumped his shoulders. He had to be mean to her- that was the only way to get her away from him before he stripped her down and had his way with her until the skies cleared.

**********
Thanks for stopping by and reading Uncoiled! Please comment, like, or share the story.