2.0

Thursday, 7th of April.

"Of course Luke wouldn't come back, we should've known he'd take advantage and stay with Harper." Ashton muttered as he plopped himself down on one of the dining chairs, his feet propped up against the table.

The other boys nodded in agreement, all of them happy that their brother was reunited with his love, however they were simultaneously pissed off that Luke lacked common knowledge by failing to inform them that he would be staying with her overnight.

"It's not that late, he could still arrive home later tonight. Just let him be." Calum murmured as he took a guzzle from the glass of iced water that currently occupied his right hand. He shrugged in a nonchalant way, completely unfazed by the fact that Luke wasn't currently in their presence.

"Are you sure that we shouldn't just call one of them and check?" Michael asked, his voice laced with concern. He almost smirked at how he'd taken up Calum's usual fatherly duties over the group.

"They're probably having at each other right now, if you want to call and interrupt that then be my guest, but I don't imagine Luke would be too happy about that." Calum glanced at Michael, their gaze's locked for a brief moment before Michael nodded in agreeance. Calum was most likely right anyway.

"If all is well and good then I will be on my way to bed, where I can relax and hopefully sleep for an eternity." Ashton grinned as he placed his hands on his knees and pushed himself up into a standing position, and trudged out of the room and up the stairs without so much as a second glance at the other boys.

Laid down on his bed Ashton knew full well that he wasn't going to get any shut-eye, least of all tonight, he had this feeling in the pit of his stomach that he couldn't shake off and yet he had no idea what it meant. At first he thought it could mean danger but the boys were safe, and he was sure that Luke was too, and taking full advantage of his alone time.

Fuck it, Ashton thought as he pulled out his phone and scrolled through his contacts and dialled Luke's number, if he interrupted them during sex so be it he just needed to put his mind at ease. The phone went to voicemail, much to Ashton's annoyance. He sighed in frustration and scrolled further down until his finger hovered over Harper's contact, he hesitated for a moment before dialling her contact. She answered after a lengthy pause.

"Hello Ashton, what's up?" Harper spoke through the line, seeming somewhat preoccupied. Bed sheets rustled in the background, fuck he'd called them during sex, Ashton inwardly cursed.

"Nothing, was just trying to get hold of Luke but I can see he's occupied now." Ashton smirked as he let out a little chuckle with the back of his throat.

"Yea, occupied driving. He left ten minutes ago." He couldn't detect the tone that Harper used. Well fuck, she definitely didn't sound happy.

"I'm so-" He didn't have the chance to finish before the line disconnected and a beeping noise flooded the speaker. Shit, she'd hung up on him. Although, Ashton knew full well that Harper wasn't his biggest fan, not by a long shot, so he wasn't very surprised with the whole situation. He rather expected it to go this way, apart from the fact where Luke wasn't with her, however hearing the news that he was on his way home put an ease on Ashton's mind.

With a sigh Ashton laid his head against his pillow and closed his tired eyes, telling himself a five minute nap before Luke gets home. He was utterly exhausted and it wouldn't help if Ashton couldn't even stay awake to greet Luke, besides, he'd see all the boys in the morning anyway. With a final outake of breath Ashton's eyes closed as he was pulled into a slumber, where he dreamt of the usual fiery red-head girl.