Day 2

Day 2 

____

  After the mini- showdown yesterday in the hallway, I didn't see Kale the rest of the day. Is that a good thing or a bad thing? No way to know.

I mean there's a possibility the baby's fine - which shows that Kale did everything he supposed to do - but there's also the possibility that he's performing demonic rituals upon the fake baby's fake soul.

Either way, I'm having a panic attack.

 I thought back to yesterday:

  I had paced my room back and forth, contemplating going over to Kale's house and checking up on the baby. However, I had doubts. Going to Kale's house wouldn't be a problem since he lived right next to me, but actually getting him to show me the baby seemed near impossible. After hours of pacing, worrying, and nail-biting, I decided that (if he was smart) he wouldn't do anything to the baby. After all, he did need to graduate.

 'He doesn't have to. He has money that can get him out of any problem remember?' My conscience reminds.

   And that's when a whole other set of pacing started but I came to the rational conclusion that Mr. Heft wouldn't do such thing. I mean, the man may be an idiot sometimes, but he was no cheap idiot who could be bought off.

 With that in mind I snoozed off and woke up today in utter peace. That is until I realized that I'm paired with Kale Mathews, the same guy who hates my soul for some unknown reason. Sure, I beat him in running, soccer, and basketball but its not like he could hate me for being athletic. That would be unreasonable and not to mention childish.

 Anyways, it doesn't matter for him. He has so much money he could by Bill Gates to do his homework for him!

I laugh at the thought as I pull open my locker. From my past encounters with Kale, It's something he would definitely do.

"What's so funny, sweetheart?"

I jump, placing a hand over my heart. "Holy crap, Kale! Don't do that! And stop calling me that!”

"You never answered my question, sweetheart," He says, blue eyes twinkling with mischief.

"Your face."

He shakes his head, "You'll never grow up will you?"

"Nope, now where's the baby?"

"The baby?” Kale looks around. “Oh, I don't know, sweetheart. Somewhere in my car I'm guessing."

I knew it. I just knew it! This guy didn't have the slightest bit of clue of what responsibility is.

"First of all, STOP CALLING ME SWEETHEART! Second, you were supposed to take care of the baby, stupid! You had to feed it, change it, and put it to sleep. This project is worth more than half our grade! You were supposed t-." Kale clamps a hand over my mouth.

"Whoa, calm down Rory. I was just kidding."

I blinked. "Wait, really?"

"Yeah. It’s actually in the fridge in my basement," He replies, laughing.

Within a second, he’s on the ground.

"Damn. That's gonna leave a mark," The idiot groans, standing up.

I cross my arms over my chest and smirk at him. "You are going to go get that baby right now."

"No."

"Yes."

"No."

"Yes."

"N-"