Part 2 (Flashback)

Read the AN at the end. I have a feeling you all will like it :)

____

Part 2 (Flashback to Day 23)

___

Yesterday, Kale had gone home looking slightly better than what he that morning. But he was still in no condition to be at school with all the symptoms he still had going. 

To make sure he was fine, I make a quick phone call to his cell.

"Hello?" A husky, sleepy voice answers.

"Hey, how are you feeling?"

"Like my head's going to combust into a million pieces." Kale groans. 

I laugh. "I see I've taught you well, drama queen."

"Ha ha, you're so hilarious."

"Thank you. It's all natural."

He mumbles something that sounds a lot like, "I doubt it."

I roll my eyes. Even a sick Kale is still a sarcastic butt head. "I was just calling to check up on you. It's already 7:30, so I figure-"

All of a sudden, he yells, "Oh shit!"

"What?" I was worried something bad had happened.

"I need to get ready. School is going to start!"

I roll my eyes in annoyance. "Kale. You don't have to go to school. Stay at home!"

"Nope.”

"Yes! Or else!"

"Or else what? You'll give me the silent treatment for an hour?" There was a sign of laughter in his voice.

"Or else... O-or else I will break up with you!"

"Don't be dramatic, Rory. I'm coming to school and that's final."

"Fine." If he didn’t want to listen to me, he should have to suffer the consequences.

"Rory..." He warns.

"I guess I'll see you at school, friend."

"I know you aren't serious."

My eyes narrow as I glare at the trees outside my window. "Well I am, so it's your loss."

"Jesus, Aurora! I'm not going to mope around at home again!"

"Like I said sucks for you," I sing, cutting the phone call and grabbing my bag. Kale should have learnt by now that I was as stubborn- if not stubborner- than him. It would take an Apocolype to make me change my mind about something.

When I reach downstairs, I discreetly try to creep past the kitchen.

"Rory! I can hear you!" My mom calls from the kitchen.

Dammit.

"I'm in a hurry, mom!"

"Aurora Marie West, how many time did I tell you that breakfast is the most important meal of the day?"

"Millions of times," I say, walking into the kitchen.

She stands there by the stove, hands on her hips, facing me. "Why don't you ever listen then?"

I shrug my shoulders sheepishly. "Because 99% of the time I'm not listening?"

My mom rolls her eyes and goes back to making breakfast. "I gave birth to the most ridiculous child on this planet."

"Hey!" I gasp in mock outrage. "You are supposed to be nice to me!"

"I'm also supposed to tell you the truth."