Day 22 (Part 2)

I finally made a FB page! Please go like it and share it! :) https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Baby-Project/832129946813226

Link is also in my bio on my profile page :)

Thank you so much for 10 million reads. You guys are THE greatest!

_______________

Day 22 (Part 2)

Not Edited

_______________

After yelling goodbye to Kale, I run outside to where Lanie's car stood by the curb. "No Kale again?"

I glance to my left to see her looking at me pointedly. Rolling my eyes, I tell her he's sick.

She scrunches her eyebrows, the car still in park. "Wait. How do you know he's sick if-" She cuts herself off with a gasp. "Unless, you've talked to him!"

I chuckle. 

"You've talked to him haven't you?!"

"He might've shown up on my balcony yesterday."

"In the pouring rain?!" She gasps again. "Oh my goodness! That's why he's sick! How cute!"

I flinch at her screeching. "Okay, okay. Can you drive now? We'll be late."

Huffing, she complies but continues to throw questions my way, "How did he apologize? What did you guys do? Wait- did you guys do it?!"

"Lanie!"

My best friend glances off the road to look at me. "What?"

"We did not do it! We were both tired so we just fell asleep."

"Oh," She says. "That's a bummer. I thought you would be the one who would lose their virginity first. I guess you'll die a old hag."

I fake an outraged gasp and smack her arm. "You're a terrible friend."

"Hey hey hey! No abusing the driver- mentally or physically!" 

Laughing, I hit her again. "Terrible people deserve terrible consequences."

We turn into the school. "Stop trying to be Mother Teresa."

"Oh bull-" She sends me a look, making me quickly amend my word choice. "-poop. Bull-poop."

"Bull-poop?" Lanie questions, parking the car. I pout my lips as we get out and make our way to the doors. "It's the only I could think of."

"Sure it is, Mother Teresa.

"If I'm Mother Teresa, what does that make you Miss. I'm-so-smart-and-good-at-everything?"

Lanie thinks for a second. "A fetus."

I swear if I was eating something at that moment, I would have choked and died. My eyes pool with tears as I laugh at Lanie. "A-a-a fetus?"

She opens her mouth but is cut off by a familiar voice. "What is she laughing about?"

Lanie looks at me and then at Julian. "She's a little out of it this morning."

"H-hey!" I say, wheezing from the uncontrollable laughter.

 "I can tell," Julian says in amusement.

After a few more minutes, I calm down and wipe my eyes with my hands. "Whew. That was quite an ab workout."

"Rory! It wasn't even that funny!" Lanie exclaims.

"I know."

She looks at me, shakes her head, and says, "I'll see you at lunch. Bye Julian!"