Day 21

Check out my interview! http://tianajade.weebly.com/droppedjem.html

Day 21

Not Edited

________

Aurora

I looked like Godzilla- literally. This morning, shortly after I had woken up, I looked in the mirror and screamed. My hair was a mountain of red poop, my face was decorated with little zits, and my under eye circles seemed to think it was cool to make me look like a raccoon.

What a crappy start to another crappy day after an already really crappy day yesterday. You know, after 17 years, I've come to the conclusion that there was no such thing as 'good luck' when it came to me. 

Even though I didn't want to, I had forced myself into the shower, blow dried my hair, and put some decent clothes on (and by decent I mean jeans and a random shirt I found laying on the ground). All I wanted to do was eat and sleep.

Currently, I stand in front of my dresser debating whether I should put concealer on or not.

What do you think dumb ass? My conscience says sarcastically.

Okay, I guess that was a stupid question. Obviously,  I needed a lot of concealer... 

Once my face was semi-okay, I get my bag and a sweater before heading downstairs. Cyan was dropping me off today because Lanie had do go for a Student Council meeting this morning. I was definitely not looking forward to the ride to school. 

Don't get me wrong! I love Cyan to death, but sometimes his company was too suffocating. I get that he was looking out for me and all, however, he needed to let me figure some things out by myself.

"You don't want breakfast?" Cyan says, eyeing my empty hands.

"I rarely eat breakfast during school days Cyan."

"Yeah, but you didn't have dinner last night either."

"I'm good." He sends me a look.

"I''ll take a granola bar if that makes you feel any better."

"Much."

I smile at his response. "Can we go now?" 

He rolls his eyes at me and walks out to his truck. As I follow behind, I can't help notice the dark grey sky and the chilly wind that encompassed us. "I'm pretty sure it's illegal to feel this cold in Spring."

Cyan laughs. "Stop being a sissy."

I pout. "I'm a girl. I'm allowed to be a sissy."

"That's the dumbest thing I've heard you say. And trust me- you say a lot of dumb things Rory."

"Blah blah blah. I can't hear you." I say childishly.

My brother rolls his eyes and starts the car. "Very mature."

"So..." Cyan says after driving to the stop light. "You never told me why Kale isn't driving you anymore."

Sighing, my eyes follow the flying birds in the sky. I had momentarily forgot about Kale.

"We took a break."

Cyan double takes. "What? Why?"

I shrug my shoulders. "There were some things that we needed to think through. No big deal."

He studies me. "Is this about Liam?"

"No.

"Hm."