This... is Me

~*•*~

Not all secrets should be kept

~*•*~

"They deserve to know! They're your friends," he defended himself.

"When I gave you the paper I specifically said: 'don't tell anyone!' I can't believe you!" I shouted, enraged.

"I did what I thought was right!"

"But it's not your secret to tell Soarin! I never wanted anyone to know about this! But I told you because I trusted you!"

"So, I told your friends because they want to help you!"

"No one can help me! They are my guardians! I have to do what they say otherwise they will find a way for me to not be able to hang out with you guys! And they may go even further by somehow wrapping you into my mess! They could even hurt you! And I don't even know what I would do with myself if they hurt any of you! Heck, they could even find a way to arrest you! They have the power to do that."

They all paused at that. Twilight then sighed, breaking the ever long silence.

"You're right, you should've been the one to tell us when you were ready," Twilight explained. "We're the ones you should be yelling at. Not Soarin."

Sunset nodded. "I touched Soarin and saw into his memories of the visit he had at your aunt and uncle's house. We forced him to tell us what he knew about you."

I glanced over at Fluttershy, Rarity, Applejack, and Pinkie Pie. They all had guilty looks on their face. I shook my head in both disbelief and anger.

"How selfish of you," I muttered.

"But I'm as much to blame because I also showed them the paper when I knew I shouldn't have, I'm so sorry..." Soarin said guiltily.

I sighed and rubbed my temple.

"It was about time someone knew," I admitted. "So I guess I can't be too angry. But did you show them that one page?"

Soarin took a second to register what I was talking about.

"I only showed the page about your parents," he replied with a nod.

"Okay," I said.

Rarity looked at me in curiosity.

"Just something about the old relationship I had," I muttered in response.

"I didn't even know you used to have an old relationship," Twilight replied.

I scratched my neck.

"It was a long time ago and I prefer not to talk about it."

From the corner of my eye, I saw Soarin kind of shift uncomfortably.

Does he not like me talking about my old boyfriend? I asked myself.

Well, duh. It's another guy that's not him, a voice replied.

What does that have to do with anything? I asked.

Stupid, he's jealous of that other dude, the voice replied.

Jealous of what? Another one asked.

I was brought out of my thoughts by Sunset saying: "Is there anything we can do to help?"

"Help with what?" I asked.

"Your situation, silly," Pinkie replied, her voice was a bit more worried than normal.