Gossip, Rumors, Lies... Truth?

~*•*~

Gossip is fake news
Fake news are rumors
Rumors are lies
Lies are false truths
Truths can be news, rumors, and gossip

~*•*~

"...rumor has it that Rainbow Dash is dating Soarin Skies!" Everyone was whispering when I got to school on Monday.

I did what I did best: I pretended like it wasn't happening.

It's how I retaliate.

"Are you really dating Soarin?" everyone would ask.

"No," I would say to anyone who asked about the rumor.

I wouldn't mind d- stop it!

~Unknown's P.O.V:~

Why is the whole school buzzing about Soarin and Rainbow? It should be me and her that they're buzzing about. I remember when it was us. Everyone was jealous of our relationship and I was so foolish that I ruined it. 

~Rainbow's P.O.V~

"The rumors these days are getting out of control!" Sunset exclaimed.

I nodded quietly.

"Tell me about," Rarity said.

"You could appear with your brother and everyone would assume you guys are datin'!" Applejack agreed.

That's happened before.

"I think the rumors are mean," Fluttershy sniffed.

Aren't they all?

"I mean look at this old one from last year, Lyra and Bon Bon don't like showering! Where do people get these things?"

"It's called gossip. It goes around like wildfire, which all the gossip turns into a rumor. Rumors turn to lies. But all you have to do is ignore it," I blurted before stopping myself.

They looked at me with shock.

"But don't you think it gets a little hurtful? You can't ignore it forever," Twilight puts out a couple seconds later.

Unless you're me.

"There is a difference between a rumor and a lie," I stated, looking up at my friends. "It's up to you to figure out which is which."

"So, what about the Soarin and Rainbow Dash dating rumor? Is that a lie or a rumor?" Pinkie asked with a sly look.

"It's a rumor," I replied hopefully calm. "People assume its happening because of the amount of time we spend together. But that's mostly because we are partners for the comp."

"True," Sunset replied.

We went silent.

"Why don't you hang out with us as much?" Twilight asked suddenly.