16. Suit and Tie

CHAPTER SIXTEENsuit and tie !

CHAPTER SIXTEEN
suit and tie !

— 🥀 —

         "You have a date with Peter?" was what Finn was greeted with when he told Davina and Asher. Of course, the question came from his older sister who was looking at him with such wide eyes, moving in closer. "I mean, what?"

         He nodded, confirming that, yes, he had said that he was going on a date with Peter, who they all knew he liked. Apparently, he wasn't as inconspicuous with his crush as he thought, seeing as literally everybody in his life knew that he liked the Parker boy. Was he really that bad at being subtle? If he asked them, they'd probably say yes, he was just that bad.

         "Oh my God," Davina breathed, "My little brother has his first official date."

         At that, Finn nodded his eyes. "I've had...partners before, Davina."

         She gave him a look, "Really? You can just say that you slept with other people before, but that's not even what I'm talking about. You have a date – an actual date – with someone and you're gonna have your first boyfriend! This is so exciting!"

         Finn blushed at her words, looking down to try and hide it. Obviously, that wasn't working. "Shut up. He just invited me to his Homecoming, not asked me to by his boyfriend."

         "Yeah, but he will! You even said that he has this whole crush on you, too!" Asher threw in, "My boy is growing up!"

         "Oh, come on," Finn rolled his eyes, giving the Brinley girl an unamused look, "Your boy."

         Asher scoffed, "Duh. I mean, you're practically my younger brother at this point. We have the stereotypical relationship where we annoy the shit out of each other all the time."

         "True," Finn shrugged, his way of agreeing with the statement.

         It was then that Davina decided to go to the kitchen. "This causes for celebratory cookies. I mean, little Finny here has a date!" she cheered, already getting out the dough they always had stocked in their fridge.

         "You'll take any excuse to have cookies, Vina," Asher rolled her eyes sitting at the counter, "I really don't know how you're not fat with all the cookies you consume."

         "I walk everywhere. Literally," Davina answered, not even turning back to look at them as she turned on the oven and started laying the cookie dough on the pan she got out, "And work is about five blocks away while college is ten. Actually, I take a cab for school."