Down The Train Tracks. ~Ch.14 ["A Zombie with a Pulse."]

My back hit the mattress as Jason slowly climbed over me, staring into my eyes sorrowfully. The tears that were surely stinging him made the hazel-brown colour of his eyes glisten the way the ocean looks at night, with moonlight beautifully bouncing on the water.

“I’m so sorry,” he whispered.

I shook my head.

“No, Jason. You don’t have to do this. We can pretend, okay? We can fake it. Please, just please don’t do it.” I tried to smile and nod, but his face stayed hard. You could hear the desperation in my voice; I failed at trying to sound calm.

“I’m sorry. I’m so sorry, Melly. I can’t, I just can’t risk it.”

“Risk what? Jason, he won’t know the difference. He said it himself; there’s no sound, he can’t hear us, and it’s not a clear picture. It’s really blurry, he won’t be able to see properly, we can fake it and get away with it. I promise, just please...” I wasn’t able to finish my sentence; I choked up. My voice was panicky; I was talking fast, my thoughts barely able to keep up with my mouth.

“I can’t risk it, Mel. If there’s even the slightest chance that he might find out –which there is– I have to do it. He might find out if we don’t, so we have to. Please, try to understand.”

“No, Jason, please no,” I cried as he began kissing my neck. My body squirmed underneath his, and my hands pushed at his chest, trying to get him off me; it didn’t make a difference, he was still going to do it. I don’t think anything I say can stop him…

“I’m sorry. I’m so sorry. But I need to do this.”

“No, Jason, but what if-” I was running out of excuses, trying to think of what to say. “Condoms?”

“Don’t have any,” he stopped for a second to answer me, but then went back to kissing my neck.

“What if I get pregnant?” I cried, still struggling to get out from under him, which I knew wasn’t going to happen, so this excuse was my last flutter of hope. 

“You won’t; I’ve been putting birth control pills in your food since you got here.” Flutter of hope, gone out the window.

“What? Why? Did you know this was going to happen?” I honestly didn’t care that he had been doing that, it was the least of my concerns right now, but I’m trying to talk to him as much as I could to distract him.

“No. But, it was a precaution,” he mumbled against my neck. I bet that ‘precaution’ was something he had learned from Johnson.

That’s it. It’s over, no more excuses. This was actually happening.

“What else did you put in my food?”

“Nothing, I only put those in, promise.”

Jason didn’t even need to give me those pills; I haven’t had my period in almost a year because of my ‘eating habits’. I got wide eyed. That’s it!

“Jason! You can’t do this!” He stopped kissing my neck, soon enough I seen his face hover above mine.

“Mel, enough! I have to do this. No more excuses!”

“No, Jason, you don’t get it; I’m on my period. Its light so I used tissue because I thought it would be too awkward having to tell you.”

He looked me in the eyes, and this is why I hate people looking into my eyes. He’d know I was lying.

“Oh really?” I nodded. “Then you won’t mind me checking.”

He moved down, his head now out of sight; it was down by my torso area. I felt his hands grab onto each side of my sweat pants.