Down The Train Tracks. ~Ch.6 ["She's not your toy."]

I just kept staring at him, of course not directly into his eyes, but I was definitely not giving in. I’ve been giving in all my life. To urges, to peer pressure, to pain, and I intend to change that.

“I said now!” He yelled. I really hate being yelled at. I can’t help it, but whenever someone starts shouting at me I always feel like crying. But, at least now if I started to cry I had a valid reason, not just because he was yelling.

No, Melody, focus! Never give in! No more tears; you’re through with being weak.

“And I said no!” I yelled back.

He was flabbergasted; didn’t know what hit him. Truthfully, so was I. I cannot believe I just said that.

“Fine, just fuck off, so!” he screamed and walked out, slamming the door behind him.

I waited until I heard him come back with the clothes and leave them outside the door to actually get in.

I sat into the warm water, letting it soak away all the dirt on my skin. Not taking a second of it for granted. Everything was peaceful until I heard Jason stomp out of the house, and furiously slamming both the front door and the one on his car.

Once I heard his car drive off, I relaxed. It was the first time I haven’t been tense in, well, years. I sunk under the water which was full up to the brim in the bath tub. Trying my best not to think of the events that had just occurred. Of course, it didn’t work.  

Jason doesn’t know how old I am, he doesn’t even know my name yet! I wonder if he has my age guessed right, although I highly doubt it. I can pass for eighteen. That’s how I got all my piercings, the only ones still in now though are my ears, surface tragus, tragus, and tongue. I’ve had my septum, nose, smiley, and belly button pierced too, but those are the ones my mom made me take out.

But, that’s not the point! Jason probably thinks I’m eighteen –seventeen at least. This could come as an advantage to me. Of course, I don’t know that it will for sure, as far as my thoughts go, this is definitely an advantage. I know his name and age, he doesn’t know mine.

Now, to just think of a name…

Melody… Melody…

Melani! Yes, that’s perfect! It’s so similar to my actual name; I won’t forget or act weird if he ever called me it. Plus, Melani is a really pretty name. It reminds me of the ocean, I don’t know why but it does.  

Everything else that might pop up I’ll tell the truth about. I’d hate to get caught up in my lies if I ever let something accidently slip out. The chances of that happening are higher if I lie about everything, so I think it’s smarter to change as little details as possible.

I rose above the water, satisfied with what I had come up with. I’m Melani Laprise, and I’m eighteen years old. Very nice to meet you. Perfect.

After lying in the bath tub for about half an hour, I decided it was time to get out. I figured Jason wasn’t going to be gone that long and I didn’t want him walking in on me.

I dried myself down, and opened the door to get the clothes Jason had gotten for me. They were all his, obviously. He gave me his rather big grey jumper, and a pair of his boxers. That was it? No t-shirt, no pants? Thanks a bunch, Jason.

Once changed, I towel dried most of my hair and walked out of the tiny bathroom.

Time to do some exploring. I smiled slightly, walking further down the hallway.

Stopping outside a door I could only assume lead to Jason’s bedroom. Hesitantly, I pushed down the handle and opened it up revealing a very neat, large room. I stepped in, and left the door open.