Down The Train Tracks. ~Ch.3 ["An Angel by the train tracks."]

Crash.

My eyes opened wide. That hurt. They were very heavy and felt like they haven’t been opened for years, and the fact that I opened them wide and so abruptly made them sting as if a bee had come along with his buzzer and made a new found interest with my pupils.

I woke up to something falling above me. I don’t know what it was, neither do I know where above me is, mainly because I don’t know where I am.

I found myself paralysed; I couldn’t move my legs or lift up my head. I gripped my hands onto whatever it was that I was lying on top of. A mattress. No question, it’s definitely a mattress. It has no sheet though, neither were there any pillows. It’s very uncomfortable, and I began to feel life in my legs once again.

I raised my head, and hung my legs over the edge of the bed. My feet surfacing the ground. I looked around, scanning the unknown room. From what I can see, it was like a prison cell; the windows were barred off, the door was thick, there was no light in the shoe-box replica of a room. There was nothing in here, only a bed and a wardrobe, or at least I think that’s the only thing in here. It’s too dark to be sure. I felt as if I was isolated from the rest of the world, as if there was nothing outside that door but miles and miles of sand, a large desert with no life.

I rose from the rock-like bed, and made my way over to the wardrobe. I reached out my hand and slid the door; I squinted so I could see what was there.

I examined the contents, which wasn’t a lot. There was a large jumper hanging from a clothes hanger, and that was all. I looked up. There was a shelf on the top, I couldn’t see if anything was resting on it though. I held onto the edge of the shelf with my left hand. Now standing on my toes, I reached up with my right hand and moved it around up there, feeling around so I could confirm whether or not the something that was up here would be useful to me.

I felt something circular and long, thick in width. I stood on the very tip of my toes to try and reach it fully to pull it out. Putting a lot of pressure on my poor toes that hadn’t been used for a while, I finally got it. I stood down properly, holding the object in my hand.

Just what I needed. I thought and took the jumper and hanger out with it, walking away and leaving it rest on the bed. I walked over to the door, turning the old fashioned knob.

Locked.

Thought so. I walked back over to my bed and pulled the jumper off the hanger, and threw it on the ground. I pulled at the thin metal hanger, rearranging it so it was now just a straight line. I then got the object I pulled down from the shelf, a baseball bat, and walked back over to the door with both items in my hands.

I let the hanger rest on the floor for now, and got a grip of the baseball bat with both my hands.

Bang.

I hit it against the door knob, but not hard enough.

Bang.

Again not hard enough. This was making a lot of noise and Jason was sure to hear it, but as far as I was concerned, it was best for me to still think I was isolated, I was surrounded by nothing but sand.

Bang.

The final and loudest bang filled the air of the room; escaping through the cracks in the door, under the window, and through any hole in the ceiling or floor. Third time’s a charm. I smirked as I bent over to reach for what used to be a clothes hanger.

Now on my knees, I pushed it through the hole where the door knob used to be, causing the knob on the unknown side of the prison door to fall out. I heard it roll around on the floor for a second or two.