Black Knight's Deception prt 6

Chapter 25

Guy's arms tightened around Hygiea preventing her from moving when she would have run at the woman's voice.

"My Lady Marian should learn to knock before entering a room." he said.

"You have not answered my question. Here I was thinking that you were near death and I find you seducing some cheap servant girl." Marian was fuming.

"You will apologise at once. Hygiea is a healer of great talent it is thanks to her I am alive." Guy was angrier than he had ever been with Marian.

"Oh so seducing her was payment was it." Marian spat at him.

"My lady hold your tongue. You threw our betrothal in my face not once but twice, you have no right to speak in this way."

"Please let me go I have patients to visit." Hygiea's face was pink with embarrassment. She pulled away and turned to face Marian.

"Lady Fitzwarren!" Shock etched Marian's features. " How can this be, she died. After the attack how is it possible she is here" She looked at Guy for answers.

"Attacked and died is this what happen Sir Guy? Tell me the truth how do I know you and how does she know me? Who was Lady Fitzwarren why do I not remember her or her life." Hygiea implored.

Guy looked at Marian his face like thunder.

"Marian the only name this woman knows is Hygiea, she has no knowledge of this place or the Fitzwarren's. Now you have come in here first insulting her and then shouting at her. I told you to hold your tongue now do it before I lose my temper."

"She IS Anna Fitzwarren and do not pretend otherwise either of you. Am I so easy to discard Guy. I loved you" Marian voice was cold devoid of emotion.

Guy rose unsteadily he had lost weight and remained weak.

"You were a means to an end. Something happen in the past that I blame Loxley for. I vowed to gain my revenge. With the land at Gisborne stolen by the crown, I decided that anything that was Loxley's would be mine. The Sheriff required my services, Loxley estate was my asking price. You were the bonus, the vital link should Loxley return from the holy land. If I had you as well I would have everything. So I played you like a musician plays an instrument. I questioned what I was doing to you but I always remembered what Loxley did and I reasoned that I would be a good husband. I had no reason to believe otherwise. The only woman I ever loved was dead and you were not without charms. However Loxley returned and I realised that what ever you felt for me it was not love. The man you loved was Loxley. You chose to believe him not me when he accused me of treason, after your fathers death it was his arms you ran to. Please Marian do not deny it. I thought I could use you for my own ends but at your father's funeral I realised that I cared too deeply to hurt you further, not cared as lover or husband but as a brother. Recent events mean that I could and should never hold you to our agreement. You asked me why I was kissing Hygiea because she is, was and will be the only woman I ever love. She has had my heart since I was sixteen, I thought I had lost her once, I will not lose her again." Guy slowly linked hands with Hygiea.

Marian's smack was hard and sharp his cheek was livid red.

"So you used me to get at Robin over some young man's squabble. How low are you." tears spiked her lashes.

"Not as low as Loxley My lady. I hope God can forgive him for what he did for I cannot, but I no longer have the stomach for revenge. God has shown me that he has forgiven me, he has returned Hygiea to me." Guy mouth curved into a soft smile as he looked at her.

"How it must had made your blood boil that it was Robin who tried to save her how he took her to the Abbey. Is that what the revenge was for, another man had the glory for rescuing Lady Anna from her rapists , you loved her but you did not stop them Robin did." Marian taunted.