Murder

Murder;
The unlawful premeditated killing of one human being by another.
~~~
"baby. I need to tell you something" I say quietly as I sit down on the sofa next to him.
"That doesn't sound good" he responded putting down his school book and putting his arm around me.
"I haven't had a period in two moths" I say warily.
"Ok"
"I took a test"
"Evie are you being serious, you better not be messing" He said sitting up looking me straight in the eye.
I let out a small smile and nodded. Caleb's eyes went wide.
"Im gonna be a dad?"
I nod again.
"I'm gonna be a freaking dad!" He yells jumping up from his seat pulling me up with him pulling me into a tight embrace.
"I fucking love you Evie"

***

"Evie?" Joe asked shaking me gently.
As I lift my head of the table looking back up at detective Sommers.
"I understand this is hard for you Evie but this is important I need you to talk me through what Caleb was like and how he was acting like the last time you saw him. This could be crucial to the investigation"

My head was pounding and my heart felt like it was being split in two.
If I had just stayed with him like he asked.
"When was the last time you saw him?" she asked.
"We saw him yes-"
"About four hours ago" I say cutting Joe off.
My brother looked at me his eyes filled with a mixture of anger and confusion.
Clara noted that down in her note book.
"Mm ok, may I ask what you were doing? Where you were?" She looked at me expectantly.
"The river behind my mums, we were erm... smoking. Then he walked me home"
She noted that down too.
Joe ran his hands through his hair letting out a disappointed sigh.
"Smoking?"
"Yes detective smoking"
"For how long?"
"She was gone for nearly three hours" my brother responded, anger in his voice.
"That's a awful long time to just be smoking" the detective stated chewing on the end of her pen.
I stared at her.
She looked back raising one of her eyebrows.
"We made out, detective"

Joe stood up and walked out of the room slamming the door behind him like the other detective had done a hour prior.

"I got a text" a say quietly
"Ok?"
"From Jace Carter"
The detectives eyes went wide once again.
She flicked through the file on the table, pulling out a photo of Jace.
"Him?"
I nodded.
She read a page in her file.
"He was the one that pushed you down the stairs" Detective Sommers stated me in a hushed tone.
"You believe me?"
She nodded.
"The case was bullshit. They had proof but because his daddy's rich he's got out of it"
I stared a the detective once again.
"When it happend the station pretty much had split opinions. Most of us believed you, but others like my partner Sam. Thought you were lying. When a case comes in like that, it affects us all"
I nodded slowly.
"He sent me a picture, of me with Caleb. He was jealous. Just like he was before"
I showed her the picture and the texts.

The detective typed some numbers into the landline that was on the table

"Hi. yeah it's Detective Clara Sommers.
I believe we have 100% conformation that the Caleb Sommers case is a 187.
I'm sure. Mmhm. Murder yeah. I don't believe it's gang related no. Also can we bring in Jace Carter. Yes I'm sure. Ok thanks"
She put the phone back down.

"So you believe Jace did it?"
"I'm gonna make sure he's charged Evie I promise you"

But I'm not sure if I believe her.