Making Things All Better

Jasmine’s POV:

It’s been a week since the incident at the club and I haven’t gotten up from the bed unless it’s to use the restroom. Genesis has been trying to get me to cheer up, but I just can’t my body has been violated and I can’t find a way to get over it. It all has to do with the fact that I was dressing like a fucking whore to get Genesis to like me more, don’t get me wrong I love the dress and all, but it was still too much. Maybe it was a sign that I was doing too much and needed to cover myself up, I wasn’t doing right.

“Jasmine some people are here to see you,” Genesis said opening the door hesitantly. I sat up in the bed and looked at the door. He opened the door wider and I saw my two best friends: Erica and Shekinah.

“Jas,” Shekinah said walking over to the bed.

“Hey y’all sorry I haven’t called,” I said avoiding looking in their eyes.

“Genesis told us what happened,” Erica said coming over to us.

“I just feel so wrong and dirty,” I said with my head down.

“Aw girl calm down it wasn’t your fault,” Shekinah said.

“Yes it is, it’s what I get for dressing like a damn whore,” I argued pulling my legs up to my chest.

“Jas, you don’t dress no where near a hoe, and don’t talk like that,” Erica said climbing onto the bed.

“Yeah girl, Erica is right. You can’t control some crazy ass people and what they do to everyone else. You coulda wore what you wanted and that dude still would have done what he wanted because some people are just sick like that. You can’t control what people do, so stop blaming yourself,” Shekinah scolded me.

“All right, thanks y’all,” I said smiling as they both approached me with arms open wide. My girls always made me feel so good about things.

“Now get your ass up and get dressed we all going out,” Shekinah said.

“All six of us,” Erica added.

“Six?” I asked perplexed.

“Yeah, you, me, her, and our tall dark dread-locked lovers,” Shekinah explained.

“Oh delightful,” I said When I got out of the bed Shekinah slapped me on the ass. “Bitch.”

“Sorry I ain’t see you in forever I had to do it,” Shekinah explained.

Me, Sean, and MyKing have been able to develop a brother and sister relationship since they go out with my girls. So they see it fit to be really protective of me when they meet my boyfriends. It was funny because with Louis they ain’t like him at all so we never had a whole pow-wow together. Hopefully with Genesis they will be able to create a good relationship together. After showering and washing my face I went into the room putting on a tank top and some shorts and my white Nike sneakers.

“All right hookers lets go,” I said walking out of the room into the living room to see Genesis pulling something out of the fridge.

“I see y’all got her out of the bed,” Genesis acknowledged.

“Hell yeah, cuz we that good, now let’s go, Sean and MyKing are down stairs.

“Well y’all meet them down there I wanna talk to Jasmine right quick,” Genesis said looking at me.

“We’ll stand outside the door,” Shekinah said.

“We’ll meet you two down stairs just make it quick Genesis,” Erica said pulling Shekinah by the arm out the house, but before she could leave I slapped her on the ass.