Where We Stand

Jasmine POV:

            There was no service for Nettie there was only a burial with Genesis, Eli, Sasha, My family, and myself. Later that day we came home and Genesis went straight to the basement. I had no idea what he did down there but he just stayed there all day until he went to sleep when he got in bed with me.

            Ever since the day we came home from the hospital he’s been like a walking stick. No emotion, nothing. He doesn’t eat or drink, he just goes to the basement all day. I don’t blame him or pressure him but it’s scary that he hasn’t expressed any type of message.

            So today when he came back upstairs I was going to address it. It wasn’t until 10 o’ clock when he got into bed. 

            “Genesis,” I said. He didn’t answer but I knew he was listening. “Genesis baby I can’t do this anymore I need you to talk to me.”

            “What do you want me to say,” he asked.

            “Anything I need you to do something because this man that’s walking around isn’t going to work for me,” I said sitting up. He turned over and looked at me.

            “Jasmine stop being dramatic and go to bed,” Genesis said.

            “I get it you hate me because I didn’t do what I needed to do to help Nettie, you think that if it wasn’t for me she’d still be here…” I started but stopped when Genesis jumped out of the bed.

            “Have you lost your mind?” Genesis asked me, there was emotion on his face now pure anger. “If it’s anyone’s fault it’s mine. It was, I was the one in the gang and with the drugs, I was the one who beat a man twice before he lost his mind and tried to kill my fiancé and killed my daughter. But he learned he learned now he’s suffering somewhere!” Genesis said his chest heaving as he looked at me. I knew he was talking about Reed, I thought he killed him but now I realize he left him alive to suffer just like how Genesis was.

            I got off of the bed and approached him, I looked in his eyes and saw now that he was suffering and it was all starting to come out. I hugged him pulling his head down to my chest while his dreads fell around his face.

            “It’s okay to cry baby, just let it out,” I said. And after a minute he did he cried, and not just a single tear but he was crying in pain and I could feel him letting it all out.

            After about ten minutes Genesis stopped crying but kept his face there. He kissed up my chest to my mouth. He pulled away from me and looked in my eyes and kissed me.

When I woke up I stretched feeling a little better to have comforted my future husband in the most way possible.

When I looked around I didn’t see Genesis anywhere I looked around for a note or his phone but he wasn’t there. I pulled out my phone to call him and he didn’t answer, in fact it went straight to voicemail. I called ten times before I got a gut wrenching feeling.

The feeling wouldn’t go away so I did the last thing I could think of that I know would really hurt me if my suspicions were concerned. I opened the drawer and saw that all of Genesis’ clothes were gone, that was all the conformation I needed to know that he left, he was gone.

So within a month I lost my daughter, my fiancé, my family, and my future.