Washing Nettie's Hair

Genesis POV:

So far me and Jas been on three dates and they all been with Nettie, she ain’t ever ask me about where I get my money from, or about who I done slept wit, all she wanna do is talk to me Genesis. She’s so understanding about Nettie and patient, she swear she don’t like children but with Nettie it just seem natural with them. I got her a dozen roses and we got nine more to go so I figured I take her on a real date without Nettie.

At dinner that night with Nettie I had to approach her in a nice way.

“Nettie baby,” I called to Nettie.

“Yes daddy?” She asked looking up from her food.

“You know how I’m supposed to take Jasmine out on twelve dates before we a couple right?” she nodded her head. “Well I want to take her to the ball.”

“Like Cinderella?” she asked getting excited.

“Yeah baby like Cinderella,” I said smiling.

“Can I come?” She asked smiling, and this is what broke my heart.

“Nettie, this is a ball for grown ups, and me and Jasmine need to have a date by ourselves. You can stay with Cathy while we go out,” I explained watching her smile drop.

“Daddy why, me and Damine have fun, why you try to take her from me?” Nettie asked sad.

“I’m not, but don’t you think me and Jasmine can have some time together?” I asked hoping this could work.

“But Damine, you, and me all have a good time together,” she said as she dropped her head.

“But I want Jasmine for me,” I said. Nettie looked up so quick I almost thought she got whiplash. Her face changed from sad to completely upset.

“Daddy that’s selfish,” Nettie screamed getting up and storming off into her room before slamming the door. I got up and walked after her about to open the door to find it was locked. I knocked on the door and waited.

“Nettie open the door,” I said as calmly as I could.

“No, you’re being selfish,” Nettie screamed from the other side of the door.

“Nettie come on open to door so we can talk,” I said starting to lose my temper.

“No,” she said.

“Nettie open this goddamn door!” I screamed completely losing my temper.

“Oooh that’s a bad word,” Nettie said. I walked away from the door going across the hall to get Cathy maybe she can talk some sense into her because I’m ready to break the door down and beat her lil’ ass.

“Cathy,” I said knocking on the door.

“Yep,” Cathy said opening the door.

“Yeah, Nettie won’t come out and I’m like three seconds from breaking the door so do you think you can help me out?” I asked.

“No prob,” Cathy said closing her door and walking into my house to Nettie’s door. “Nettie it’s Cathy could you come unlock the door for me.”

“No because I don’t like you,” Nettie said through the door.

“Nettie!” I said punching the shit outta the door. I never met a girl so stubborn. I been sharing Jasmine for the past week she need to let grown folks have they time alone. I sat down trying to calm down as Cathy kept trying to get her out. I got a call and answered the phone.

“Hello,” I said into the phone taking a break.

“Hey Genesis just checking on you I just got outta class and I’d thought I ‘d see how you were,” She said sounding cheery.