Chapter 8: On the Way!

Holly couldn't breath. As much as her lungs were burning from loss of air, they just wouldn't work. Her legs shaking, couse her knees to buckle and give out from under her. Landing on the blue shower mat, the wind was knocked back in to Holly making her gasp. The bittersweet feel of oxygen rushing down her throat was almost a stinging sencation, but it also seiced the burning in her chest.

Holly's eyes never leaving the mirror as it looking back at her. Her terror filled eyes keep scanning the word, rereading them over and over in her head. 

'It's real.....There's really someone out there trying to get to me.' Holly thinks. 'Why...How did they even get into the house? It has to be real for them to have risked braking and entering for a dumb prank...' That thought makes Holly's body go stiff and cold. 'Who would do this? Who could it be?' As Holly goes over the last five minutes in her head of her actions, she regrets now that she didn't try to look to see who it was. She hates that instead of catching the person responsible, she just shrunk down and hid in the corner of the tub in fear.

Holly scolds herself. It isn't like her to just cower to someone, and to someone she doesn't even know. She hadn't cowered to that bitch after just meeting her, so why was she backing down now.

'This is different though.' A small voice in the back of her thoughts warned her. 'They got in your house once, what makes you think if you anger them they won't come back for more then to just leave a note next time?' Holly thought the voice had a point, but she didn't want to just wait around for they to appear again. She wanted to do something, anything. She wanted to atlest try, if not for herself, but for those she cared about that were around her. Holly thought if the person got desperet, they might go after the ones she loves, and she couldn't let that happen.

Finally breaking her focuse on the mirror, the message gone with the fog, she shook herself mentally to get a grip. Getting off the floor, she carried herself to her room. Holly found her bedroom door wide open. Carefully walking to it, she peeked her head out into the hall. Looking up and down  the hallway, it was empty. 

It didn't surprise Holly that there was no one in stight. She had waited to long, and again she cursed herself for not being brave enough. Closing the door, the time on her alarm clock bore into her. Her eyes widened at realizing how late she was going to be to meet up with Sam. It was now just two past twelve, meaning she had less then fifteen minutes to get dressed and make it to the mall. Even worse, she needed to find a ride to the mall still.

Starting to panic, Holly ran to her dresser for a bra and underwear, then hurried to her closet for and out fit.

Trampling down the stairs, Holly's feet were echoing throughout the whole mansion. She was sure people working here were wondering if there was a hured of elephants racing down the sinding staircass. Barly having time, Holly managed to find a teal v-neck shirt and a pair of black shorts that came to the middle of her thigh. Holly was greatful they didn't show to much skin. A long black ponytail bouncing from the top of her head. Not haveing much time to do her hair she settled for simple.

Running towards her mom's new home office, her hair swaying from side to side in the hairtie, Holly was hoping she could find her mom fast and ask her for a ride. There was only two minutes until she would be late. She was worring Sam might get mad at her and want nothing to do with her anymore. Even though thats how Holly prefered it, she just couldn't stand to not have Sam in her life now that she was growing on her.

Coming to her mom's door, Holly stopped, panting lightly she knocked twice. She waited until she herd, "Come in." and twisted the handle. Slowly opened the wooden door, Holly stepped in side the furnished room. It felt cozy, but also intimidating to see how nice the small space was decorated. The framed dergess on the walls made you feel insuperior and small compaired to Holly's mother, who happenes to have many types of degress.