Chapter 5: Through Good and Bad Times

"Sooo, how's it going?", I asked.

"I can't believe that you're my partner again.", she replied.

"If you wanna win that medal, you gotta be paired with me sunshine.", I added.

Her eyes lit up and I knew one thing to do. Run.

~It can't be helped, but she chased me all around the room until she managed to get me in a headlock. For once, I felt happy again. Almost the same feeling I had last year when I was still holding back my affections for her. But still, I had a small pain inside of me. Was I forgiven? Legitimately forgiven? Behind that smile of hers, I always wanted to know what makes her happy behind all the pain and stress that we are encountering in our Senior High years. And all I did was stare into the floor tiles while she let go and sat a few feet in front of me.

"Hey, you okay?"

I looked straight into her eyes. I should be mesmerized by now but, there's just something that is bothering me.

"Yeah, just tired from walking up the stairs.", I replied.

"Well then get up, we have to create a new presentation. I won't let you feel down Jason.", she said.

She took my arm. I felt it was a dream, but then she pulled my arm too hard. I shot straight to my feet and almost hit Luke who was near us.

"Looks like you too are back together again ay?", Luke said.

"Yes, yes I know. I wasn't even a good dancer before-", 0

"You do remember Jason that you two were the ones in the middle who showcased our presentation near perfectly right?", Luke added.

"Umm, I couldn't recall.", I replied.

"Don't worry, he'll remember after a few days of practice.", Leana said.

I looked at her and I saw the image of Leana from last year. How time flies so fast...

~I wasn't expecting this. The competition standards really went higher. I wonder how the leaders would be able to top off the performance we had last year. I mean, the people are exactly the same since last time. 

There was a need for new props to be used. They proposed the first part to be consisted of 3 pairs of dancers with handkerchiefs. Next were 3 girls holding big floral wreaths. Followed by the dance we had last year and the finale was a compilation of everything. It looked alright for me except, I was present in 3 out of the 4 parts. Great.

Our first practice was focused on the 3 pairs with handkerchiefs. Since I'm taller than her, I'll have to adjust in order for her to hold the edges properly. We had to dance  while we moved in order for the other pairs to pass through our handkerchief. Not much problems with that, practice was easy for a while. I kept looking back at the Retro Dance and they look to be having so much fun. I kinda wished that I never left but, in order for us to win, I had to be in the group haha. Besides, how can I leave-

"Jasonnn!"

"Huh?"

There she was again, looking at me with arms behind her back. She was smiling, probably hiding something behind her back again. But when I tried to peek, she was only holding the handkerchief we used earlier.

"Here's your handkerchief. Thanks!!!", she said.

"Umm, no prob?", I replied.

She handed it over to me. I studied it carefully. There's nothing wrong. But when I looked up, she was still looking at me.