Chapter 3: When Things Go Right

~My birthday was nearing, and I could already feel nothing special. Its like that every year, for the past 10 years. The last time I was surprised, was when I had my 7th birthday at some fast food restaurant. It was one of the most memorable events being with my family. But now, we have our own things to focus on. Dad is in another country, still fixing airplanes. My Mom's just at the office everyday still, I visit her from time to time together with Jae. Big Brother Edward comes home every weekend just to get his clothes cleaned and to have quality time with us all. He already has a special someone soon to be married with so I can't fully depend on him for stuff anymore. Whenever he needs errands to be accomplished, I'll always be willing to help him out. That's what family is for.

~Since I wanted engineering to be my future course, I had plenty of time to fix my paper works in order to get in a decent school. I was thinking of the school where Big Bro entered in. Even if he took Computer Science, their education on Engineering was good enough for our city. On the way to the school's office, I met an unexpected old friend.

"Parson?", I asked.

"Jasonnn!", Parson replied.

"Yooo, how's it been?", I said.

"After Grade 9, I've shifted to Electronics class. Still in the STEM strand today, how about you?", Parson answered.

"Well, I've been accidentally sent to the wrong section. But atleast I had some memories while I was there. Any good schools to recommend?"

"I was planning to go to SAM University. Going for engineering."

"Woah, I'm gonna go there too!"

"Awesome! Were you going to get a copy of the report cards?"

"You read my mind."

"Well what are we waiting for? Lets gooo!"

We both took a copy of our report cards and certified it in order for the school to understand that the original report cards are stored in our school and cannot be borrowed for such purposes. Me and Parson set a specific day for our visit to SAM University. I really miss our old group. Chester is already in his dream school, just a few kilometers away from our current school. But we promised to stay bros until the end.

~It was about time to take the entrance exam. Just a few days ago, I was studying basic Mathematics, Algebra, Calculus, Physics, Chemistry, and other Math/Science stuff. I asked Parson but he told me that he hasn't reviewed anything. Thats strange, isn't he a bit concerned on the test we were going to take?

"Kuyaaa."

"What?", I asked.

"Have you seen my old Statistics Book?", she replied.

I was on my desk, reviewing. I had about 2 stacks of books just waiting to be read. I slowly took one book from the pile and secretly hid it under the drawer.

"Nope.", I answered.

She begins to flip up my blanket and pillows. "Are you suuure?"

"Yes I'm sure.", I smiled innocently.

"You're lying! I can see it in your smile!"

"Dang, how did you know."

"Women can read men's thoughts like an open book. I heard that saying somewhere."

I showed her my opened book. "Can you read my mind now?"

She went to my drawer and got the book. She proceeded to smack me in the shoulder.