One

"Tequila." Someone shouted into her ear. Startled, she let out a scream that could shatter ear drums and break glass. Inigo jumped back, afraid of what his sister might do to him for waking her up. 

She let out a exaggerated sigh before readjusting herself in her seat. "What do you want?" She asked grumpily as she crossed her arms over her chest. Inigo had now started to pace down the aisle while rubbing his hands down his face. 

He sighed heavily before turning around to face her. "Nero was in a fight today, I almost punched a guy in the face, Chelsa cheated on me, and meanwhile as this whole crazy mess happened -" He took a long deep breath, "You've just been sleeping in this empty theater all day." He laughed dryly while scratching the back of his neck.

"Somehow you always seem to be able to avoid all things bad. How do you do it?" He said, throwing his hands in the air, before, out of lack of energy, letting them dangle by his sides. "It's not fair." 

Tequila was baffled by his statements as she raised an eyebrow at him. She curled the tip of her fingers around the bottom of the chair. Sitting up straight, ignoring his questions, she changed the topic. "I've been tired lately." She stretched, bringing her arms over her head, arching her back. 

"Sorry" Tequila said and slouched back into the chair as she looked at her brother with perfect ease. "How can you not be tired?" She asked, going back to her previous topic. 

Her brother rolled his eyes, "Typical Tequila." 

She smiled at him, "So what was the fight about that Nero was in?" She asked just as Nero dramatically busted through the theater doors.

"I knew I would find y'all here." Nero said. 

This time Tequila was the one to roll her eyes, "Smart ass." She muttered as she glanced over at Nero. The way he slowly turned his head to the side causing his blond bangs to swoosh to one side made him seem like a douche bag, which he was without a doubt. Tequila always thought he was adopted. He was nothing like her or Inigo. 

Nero sported a purple bruise underneath his eye, but didn't seem to care. He ignorantly narrowed his hazel eyes at her, only to cause himself to jerk in pain. 

Nero breathed out through his nose and, ignoring Tequila, turned to face Inigo. "You wanna go to Jills with the boys?" 

"Sure." He answers while giving his brother a hard shove. They started to shove each other, playing around as they headed out of the theater, completely forgetting about Tequila. 

She sat there in silence for what seemed like hours before gradually getting up and out of the chair. Slinging her book bag over her shoulder, she staggered out of the building.

Her eyelids were heavy and her breathing slowed as she began to doze off once again. The view in front of her started to blur together and she couldn't tell which way was home. 

As she started to fall asleep she heard a scream that woke her up from her sleep deprived state. Tequilla was now more alert than ever. Checking both ways she searched for the screaming person, but the school's parking lot was empty. 

The screams worsen as she headed towards the pathway. They were loud and high, close yet far, faint but demanding. The screams clouded her mind to the point where she could no longer think properly. 

It seemed, the faster she walked the closer she was to the screams. Her fingers twitched as she fiddled with the ends of her hair. Piles of sweat ran down her back as her head darted back and forth. 

She focused on the blades of green swaying back and forth in attempt to calm herself. However, she only panicked more when the beautiful green grass turned into ash right before her eyes. She ran her clammy hand through her hair as she began to hyperventilate.

Tequila kept walking, telling herself that she was just sleep deprived and she didn't need to worry. Nothing seemed to work because once she made it out onto the pathway that lead home – the streets light started to flicker.

Before she could make up some excuse as to why and what was happening to her, she suddenly smelt skin burning. Her eyes darted down to her legs and a gasp escaped her lips. She watched in horror as the fire danced across her ankles and trailed up her hind leg.

She tumbled forward, unable to keep her balance.

Images of people burning pop up in front of her; they scream at her in harmony.  

Thud.

She could feel her heart pound against her chest as if it wanted to break loose.

Thud, thud, thud

She watches as hands cover her body and claw at her jeans. The sound of blood being pumped rushes through her ear and overtakes the screams.  

THUD.

Her breath hitches, clogging her throat, causing her whole body to shut down. Her arms swing in a rapid motion as beads of sweat drip down her forehead. Her body starts to disintegrate, but she manages to cast one more glance at her surroundings before she fades away.

Crystal blue eyes stand out against the dark orange flames, and she knows without seeing the whole person that it's him, again.