Fourteen

A/N: Please don't hate me 

----

Two days after . . .

Green hues blur together as her eyes try to catch up with the changing patterns. She could never keep up, not with Theo that was for sure. However, she had decided that it was okay to be behind, trailing along.

Her eyes darted over to Theo; the first thing she zoomed in on was his dark purple colored knuckles. Her whole body jerked forward while a shiver took over her fragile body. She wasn’t used to seeing that kind of color on a body before. Colors were either ash or pale and that was it.

A few days ago Theo had punched Nero in the face twenty times; she had counted, after Nero had called her a bitch. Like those songs the radio plays over and over; she could hear Theo’s voice and his words replay over and over. She couldn’t stop the noise in her head, but she didn’t mind. His words were ones that she had been waiting for, it’s just that no had been brave enough to say them out loud. But Theo did.

I swear to god if you call her a bitch or even look at her you’ll be a dead man.

Out of all the things Theo had said that was what stuck to her the most. She wasn’t sure if it was healthy to feel this way towards another human being. Hell, she had spent most of her teenage years involved in drama – she never dealt with actual drama in her life though. She was just the poor, innocent girl whose parents had died.

But she wasn’t that girl anymore and Theo wasn't a ‘killer’ anymore.

In the past two days that they have traveled on the open road he had told her his story. He told her about his parents and how happy they were to have a baby boy and about the many plays he played in. She kept asking him which play they had been in together but he wouldn’t say a word about it; instead all he could do was blush. She made fun of him for that. 

She made fun of him a lot in those two days, but he didn't let her trample all over him. 

"It's cute that you think you're secretly checking me, Tequila." Theo winked as he stopped at a red light. 

"It's cute that you think that, Theo." She said rolling her eyes and directing her attention on more important things such as the radio station. "And who listens to country music?" She raised an eyebrow at him.

Theo straightened up in his seat, "Country music is soothing for hearts that are broken." His voice carried confidence as he kept his eyes on the road. 

"You have a broken heart?" Tequila said with amusement written all over her face as she bit down on her lip, trying her best not to laugh. 

His grip on the steering wheel tightened, "I did." His voice was only a whisper now that weighed heavily on both of them. 

Tequila didn't say anything after that. She had learned very quickly that there were certain lines that she couldn't cross when dealing with Theo. She kept telling herself that one day he would open up, but until then she'll keep pestering him with little questions.

"Do you think we're doing the wrong thing?" She asked.

Theo stayed silent for a few moments. "Why do you think we are?" He questioned back as he glanced at her. 

She sighed, "I'm not sure Theo. I know Nero deserved it, but -"

"But if we hadn't of left him there we would be in jail by now." Theo interrupted, "He called the cops with the intention of putting both of us in jail. And we both know why he wanted us in jail. He hates both of us." 

Tequila glanced down at her hands as her tugged down into a frown. 

Theo's face fell as he forced himself to keep his eyes on the road. "Tequila," he said weakly, "I don't like it when you're upset. Look at it this way instead, we get to start all over. Not many people get a chance to do that." 

"I can't say the same for you, but I know that somewhere along the way I had done something right." 

"And why is that?" She asked.

"You're here and not because I forced you or because you feel sorry for me. You're here and I'm here. And we have the whole world to ourselves." He smiled to himself, "It's just how I dreamt it to be." 

"I'm sure you've had other dreams and I would rather not know of all the kinky stuff that goes down in those said dreams." Tequila said with a disgusted look on her face. 

Theo laughed loudly, "Don't look so disgusted babe. We both know that you secretly love what goes down in my dreams." 

"I can't believe I'm stuck with you forever now." 

"Me either, but it'll be fun, trust me." He said before bursting into fits of laughter. 

----

A/N: AND THAT'S THE END FOLKS. 

hahaha seriously I'm sorry for how short this is but i'll make it up to you.

Pick a chapter that you would like to see Theo's pov in and I'll write it :D (please do this because theo is perf and I love writing about his thoughts)

Also there will be a sequel (possibly) so get ready for that. 

Thanks for reading and stay rad!