Twelve

Tequila stuided the picture that included a mother and father and a boy in between them. The father had dark brown hair and green eyes while the mother had light brown long hair with crystal blue eyes. The boy had a mix of both of his parents, he had dark brown hair and bright blue eyes. 

She eyed the boy closely before laying it on her bed and digging through the draws to find her school yearbooks. She didn't need proof but she wanted it. 

Skimming down the list of names she finds the one she was looking for but for some reason his picture in the yearbook is marked out. She decides it isn't important since these yearbooks are extremely old. 

Theo, She smiles to herself as she reads the name to herself. 

But the name brings back memories, ones that she could live without. She cringes as her mind shuts down and her eyes are forced shut. 

The blue eyes are vivid and memorizing but are gone within seconds. She soon is faced in a familiar situation that she wishes she could get out of. 

She hesitantly walked down the corridor before turning into a familiar classroom. The room was decorated with drawings done by students and flower pots with different colored flowers. On the dry erase board the words 'love you mommy' was written in pink marker. She sucked in air as she remembered the day she wrote that. Usually her mother would erase the small messages left on her board, but for some reason she had kept that particular message. 

Tequila walked further into the room only to discover her mother's desk still decorated with a few picture frames of Inigo, Nero, and her. She picked up the picture frame that had the picture of the whole family in it. 

Her father, Phoenix, had short blonde hair with light brown eyes that suited his tan skin. Her brothers resembled their Latin father while Tequila resembled their mother more. Ignacia was a beautiful spanish lady and was quite youthful looking. She had shoulder length black hair that was usually put into a pony tail and dark brown eyes. 

Her mother used to joke all the time that Inigo and Nero were so much like their father that she felt bad for their future wives because they were going to grow up to become stubborn men. Although, the truth was, their mother was actually the stubborn one. 

Tequila frowned at the memory as she sat the picture frame back down. She could practically imagine her mother walking around the room tending to each student's needs. Her mother was extremely patient so it was no shock that she wanted to become a teacher. 

She regretted ever picking up the picture frame and allowing the memory to enter her brain because once the memory left it came alive. She cringed at the sound of her mother's voice as she turned around to see her writing something on the board. 

"Now what-" Her mother stopped as a little girl appeared in the doorway to her classroom. Her mother's smile reached her eyes as she dropped the marker she was using to pick up the kid. "Tequila." She greeted while spinning her around playfully. Her mother almost forgot about the class as she got wrapped up in her daughter's appearance. 

This happened a lot, Tequila was always allowed to leave the classroom to visit her mother, it one of the many perks of having a mother who was a teacher. 

"Class, this is my daughter Tequila." Her mother introduced her before telling her to go sit in an empty desk. 

Tequila watched her eight year old self walk over to an empty desk that was beside a boy whom she had forgotten about. 

She watched the boy sneak glances at young Tequila throughout the whole class. He was obviously intrigued in who she was, but how come she doesn't remember meeting him?