A Letter to my Readers

ᗪEᗩᖇ ᖇEᗩᗪEᖇ

The fire crackles and stretches its arms towards you, but it roars in frustration to find you out of its reach. Your eyelids are drooping; you feel comfortable and relaxed, seated in a fancy leather recliner. You begin to wonder...where exactly is this place? You can't remember how you got here.

"The chair gives great massages too." You look up. Brown eyes twinkle from below fierce eyebrows, medium-brown skin and long, black hair.

"Would you like another cup of chai?"

You become aware that you're holding a cup in your hand

You become aware that you're holding a cup in your hand. The aroma of pleasant spices wafts into your nose, teasing the senses. Your cup is half-full. "No thanks."

You nervously take a sip and gather your guts. "Excuse me. Where am I?"

The woman laughs and offers you a shy smile. "My name is R.R. Warrier. You're in my reading room. Welcome to my first novel, Fleeter!"

Thinking back, you do remember clicking on a book with that name. "Right, so, where's the story?"

The author jumps up from her corner stool. "I thought you'd never ask!"

She reveals a narrow door, behind the curtain, and walks through it. You get up and follow her apprehensively. 

The room on the other side of the curtain only has three walls. In place of the fourth, a glowing track enters from a dark unknown, makes a short curve, then exits to the same great unknown. You spot a rollercoaster car waiting at the curve. It holds one.

Oh no. This lady is insane.

You try to turn around, but her grip on your wrist is iron-clad. The author cheerfully drags you to the pod and buckles you in.

"Now, just a few things before you start. This is still a work-in-progress, so be sure to comment if you notice any grammar mistakes, plot holes, etc."

You gulp. "Holes?"

"Of course, don't forget to vote on the chapters if you like them! I'll be dedicating chapters to my most active readers on a regular basis. Also keep in mind that my comments are an emoji-friendly place. ≧('▽`)≦"

You are beginning to feel panicky. "Anything else?"

"I must warn you that for the full experience, please try to stay aboard for the entire ride. The story may start off slow, but it'll speed up quick!"

The car starts moving slowly, away from the light. You look over your shoulder one last time. The author is waving you farewell, "I hope you enjoy reading Fleeter~"

Before you can reply, the darkness swallows you and spits you out into a whole, new world. 

All Rights Reserved © 2018

All Rights Reserved © 2018. This book or any portion thereof may not be reproduced or distributed without the express permission of the author, except for short excerpts in reviews or critiques. 

This book has been published free-of-charge on Wattpad: https://my.w.tt/wnyAxrZtIL
If you see this story reproduced anywhere else, please report it to the author directly (rrwarrier). Thank you!