part seven

I sat on the small couch Joba had by his recording station. He had finally agreed to produce a song for Ian and he was really excited. "Thanks again for getting on this track." said Ian with a wide smile. They went through the motions, recording Ian's verses, as well as Joba's small verses and backup vocals. I smiled to myself as I watched them. They were both so passionate about what they were doing. It was honestly refreshing to see people that actually care about their craft. I stood from the couch, walking to his kitchen and grabbing a water bottle from the fridge. I looked out the window and smirked when I saw Matt's car pull up. I didn't know why he was here, but I was definitely happy to see him. He hopped out of the car, locking the door with the keys. I stood at the door, arms crossed with a smirk. He smiled widely as soon as he saw me, hopping up the steps and walking up to me.

"Funny seeing you here." I giggled, moving back so he could walk in. He walked into the house, me closing the door behind him. "What are you doing here?" he asked, raising an eyebrow. "Ian came to record some stuff with Joba. I tagged along because he needed a ride." I explained with a shrug. "Well, it's a nice surprise." he smirked. "What about you?" I wondered, walking back towards Joba's room. "Picking up our demo. Joba finished mixing it this morning." he smiled. We walked into the room and sat on the couch, watching Ian and Joba do their thing. I rolled my eyes when I saw Ian look at us suggestively. "Have you heard from UCLA yet?" asked Matt, pulling me from my thoughts. "Nothing yet." I sighed, wrapping arms around my knees. "Sorry, didn't mean to stress you out." he mumbled. "No! It's fine, just a lot to think about. Thanks for caring." I half smiled, leaning into his side. He wrapped his arm around me, making me blush.

"I'll play the demo in a sec." said Joba, looking up from his computer. "No rush, bro." said Matt, pulling out his phone. He scrolled through his Instagram feed, liking the pictures as he went through them. I pulled out my phone as well, opening my Snapchat. I looked through the few unseen snaps I had. Matt asked me for my Instagram, and we ended up exchanging our social media information. I scrolled through his feed, giggling at the goofy pictures. "What?" he asked, smiling down at me. "You're a dork. It's cute." I said, biting my lip. "I'm a dork?" he chuckled. I nodded, breaking out into laughter as he began to tickle me. I covered my mouth, trying to be as quiet as possible to not disturb Joba and Ian. I laid back on the couch, pushing Matt away from me with my feet. "I take it back. You're not cute anymore." I joked, crossing my arms. "I'll tickle you again." he threatened, pulling me back up next to him. "You wouldn't dare." I whispered, standing up and running out of the room. He laughed, following closely behind me.

I screamed as he threw me over my shoulders, wiggling my legs to try and escape. He set me down on the living room couch, the pair of us laughing unstoppably. I laid down straight, covering my face with my hands. I looked up at him, taking his hand and pulling him down on top of me. He smirked, his face right over mine. "Hey." he whispered, making me giggle. "Hey." I mumbled, pushing his long hair away from his foreheads. He smiled, crashing his lips against mine. This kiss was a lot different than our first. It was a lot more playful, the two of us smiling into the kiss. We pulled away, laughing like idiots. "Matt?" yelled Joba from his room. We quickly stood from the couch, walking back over to Joba's room. "Alright, I finished everything up this morning. It sounds really good, man." said Joba, smiling widely. He unplugged his headphones and played the track for the three of us. We all nodded our head to the beat.

Once the song was over, we all smiled widely. "That's really fucking good." I smiled, looking over at Matt. "Good job, dude." said Matt, looking up at Job with a smile. "Alright, I've been thinking about this for a while, but I've got some people interested in starting a band. I want you guys to be in it." said Ian, crossing his arms. Joba and Matt looked at each other, eyes wide. I raised an eyebrow, looking at Ian curiously. "Merlyn and Ameer and I were in another group with a friend but that's over. I want to rebrand, and I want y'all in it. I've got people from all over the country willing to move down here to make music." said Ian excitedly. "So you wanna make like a rap band?" I asked, raising an eyebrow. "Yeah, a rap boy band. I want to change the game." he smiled. Job and Matt still hadn't said a thing. "Obviously think about it, but I wanted to get y'all to join." shrugged Ian. "I don't need to think about it. I'm in." said Matt, shaking his head. "We're fucking crazy, but I'm in too." smiled Joba.