4

Kae

Kae.

I sighed, throwing my phone on the hotel's king sized bed. I had just called Sushiko and they insisted that I didn't leave my ID because someone would've reported it, but I begged to differ. I needed to find that damn ID or I would definitely be stuck in Los Angeles until I could get some sort of identification for the airport.

I couldn't focus on that too much right now though because I was suppose to be meeting up with Ana to pick up my check. I eventually pushed the thoughts of the ID to the back of my mind and threw on a quick outfit to head to Drake's office.

After getting dressed, I left the hotel and decided to just to take an Uber. After learning about Nicholas, I decided that he should just take the day off and go and spend sometime on the beach or something. The ride to the office wasn't that long, but it did cost a pretty penny due to the high demand for Ubers in the area.

Once I arrived at the address that I was sent, I went up to the fifth floor, only to be met by an OVO sign that covered the receptionist's desk. A young girl sat at the desk, giving all of her attention to the MacBook that she worked on.

"Hi, how may I help you"? She asked as I approached the desk. I nodded my head, "Uhm, I'm Karrueche Tran and I'm suppose to be meeting with Ana Jones to pick up my check".

"Oh, you're the model for our upcoming campaign. I saw your pictures and the entire staff is going crazy. Your shoot was beautiful, if I must say so myself".

I smiled, "Thank you".

"Well, sorry to inform you but Ana reportedly quit today and there's really no one to fill her position so I'd have to wait for Mr. Graham to come in a write you out a check himself".

I sighed, "There's nobody who's over the company's financial department? I don't really feel like waiting here, especially on him".

The girl shook her head, "Unfortunately our company is going through a huge update and until our financial update is complete, all funding will come from Mr.Grahams personal accounts".

Before she could speak up again, Drake and his entourage came through the elevators. "Speaking of you Mr.Graham, this young lady is here to collect her check from yesterday's photo shoot". Drake stopped in his tracks, speaking to some man that walked behind him. "I'm going to write your check up, you can step into my office".

I sighed, following Drake down the hallway and into his office, where he took a seat at his desk while I stood. He looked a little upset, but I didn't bother to ask any questions because I was only here to collect my funds.

"How much did Ana say I was paying you"?

Wow, this man really let this girl handle too much of his business. I understood letting her in on a little bit here and there, but it seemed like she was in total control of everything.