1.

Kae

Kae.

I looked at the clock, seeing it was a few minutes before twelve o'clock. I was beyond ready to leave this damn store and on the verge of quitting for the one-hundredth time. I was one of the most short-tempered people on earth, but I somehow ended up with a job in retail. I had to find a way to provide for myself and sadly, this was the first job that came through.

The customers were so rude sometimes and of course, I was even ruder. If you had a nasty attitude with me and later asked how you looked in an outfit, I'd let you know exactly what was on my mind. If you were a sloppy ass bitch trying on a size 2, I would let you know that you looked a mess.

I didn't feel like I was negative person, unless someone was negative towards me. Don't get me wrong, I wasn't some rude bitch who disrespected people for the hell of it. I was fairly quiet and stayed to myself, but I wasn't one to be played with.

I was only twenty-four years old and would be twenty-five in a few months. I'd experienced a roller coaster ride throughout life, but the bullshit honestly made me who I am today.

"It's twelve Kae, you're free to go hun". I smiled at the older lady, whose name was Mrs. Johnson. She was the owner of this lavish boutique and she was also a friend of my aunt. Her husband had passed away a few months ago, and she desperately needed help while I desperately needed a job. My aunt told her about me, and I got the job onsite.

I didn't do much, but work the register and fold clothes here and there. Sometimes I came in really early, like today. I came in today at 7:00 AM and set the store up until 12:00 PM, then I would leave while she handled things for the rest of the day.

"Thank you Mrs. Johnson, see you tomorrow". She smiled, pulling me into a hug. "You're welcome hun, be safe out there".

I smiled, walking closer to the door. "I will, you too".

I walked out of the store, feeling the breeze of the Atlanta wind. It wasn't too cold, but it wasn't a hot day at all. It was the middle of March and I'd expect the sun to be shining bright, but it was quite dull.

I was a California girl at heart, Los Angeles to be exact. I'd lived in LA until I was fourteen years old, it was the beginning of my freshman year in high school.

My aunt received a decent job offer, so she decided to start a new life in Atlanta with me and my younger sister. In the beginning, I was so upset. I didn't want to start my whole life over, especially all the way in the south. After a while, I just learned to deal with it and began to enjoy my life in Atlanta. It was a different scenery, different people and different styles but I eventually got used to it.