Chapter 17

Sooo, after that super depressing chapter. . . we need a FUN one!!! Yay! Diana and Stephen definetely need some fun!!!! Remember to go and check out the book that I started, Amore!!!!

I'm sorry that this chapter and the last chapter are not historically accurate at all! I had to make it interesting in my own way, though. ;p

Enjoy this awesome chapter! :D

****************************************************************************************************

Diana's P.O.V.

"Why won't you tell me what you did down there?" Stephen asked for about the billionth time. I had been unconscious for three days and awake for two days. We started out again, with Mark (I don't know why he suddenly decided to join us). We decided we were half-way into California.

"I told you. It's because I don't remember," I said, aggravated with him.

"Why not!" he asked that question too a lot.

"She was drugged, remember," Mark reminded him. It was true. Somehow, I had been drugged on that first day and couldn't remember anything after it, except waking up in a strange place. I had freaked out and attacked Mark until Stephen grabbed me and calmed me down. Mark was still sporting bruises from that.

"I know!" Stephen cried, exasperated by being told this for the billionth time also. It seemed like we've had this conversation a lot.

I kicked a can across the street. It hit a cat, who hissed and ran away. I watched it go. While I watched it run away, a sign caught my attention.

HIRING! ONLY ATTRACTIVE PEOPLE!

I snickered and showed the sign to Stephen and Mark. They laughed, too. Bacon, well fed now, trotted about my feet, wrapping the rope around my legs. I untangled myself and walked over to the building.

"Um, Diana?" Stephen's voice came as he hurried after me. "Are you sure you should be walking over there. You know what happened last time!"

"Well, we are in a much nicer part of California. And, no, I don't know what happened last time," I scowled and kept walking towards the quaint building. I knocked and a buxom woman answered the door. She looked down at us and smiled. She tossed her blonde curls and stuck out her gianst chest.

"Are you cuties here for the job?"

"What exactly is the job, ma'am?" Mark asked. He had caught up to us.

The woman leaned forward and pinched his cheek. "Waiting on people."

"Waiting on people?" Stephen asked. "Like a restruant?"

"Yes, but way better," she smiled. "Rich people come here to relax, and they like good-looking people. All three of you can come in and see if you're hired."

"What do we have to do to be hired?" I asked.

"Well," she laughed. "It's quite simple. You have to be the prettiest."

The three of us exchanged a glance. "Can we come back later today?"

"Sure, honey," she said.

We walked away and huddled. Mark started the conversation. "I think we should go for it. At least try. I think one of us can make it. It looks like it pays good, too."

"Mark, we look awful!" I said.

"That can be fixed," he shrugged. "Besides, I brought stuff."

"Like what?" Stephen asked, eying Mark's bag.