Chapter 14

Stephen's P.O.V. (Another Surprise!!! I think this one will be the last one in his p.o.v)

I followed after Bacon, who was sniffing the ground like a freaking bloodhound or something. I was having a hard time not breaking down and going completely mental. I was so scared that I had already lost Diana. Bacon started going faster and I jogged to keep up. It was already getting dark. Anything could've happened to her by now.

About twenty minutes later, I could see smoke rising. I tugged on Bacon's leash and put a finger over my lips, signaling for him to be quiet. I'm not sure if he understood me, but he sure seemed to understand Diana. Just thinking about her made my heart hurt.

Bacon and I crept up on the camp. I hid Bacon in a bush, then climbed a tree to survey the place. I stopped dead when I saw Diana tied to a tree. Well, I guess not tied, really. She was duct taped to the tree. I saw two giant men heading her direction. The smaller of the two kicked her and she jerked. She must've been asleep. I saw him cut the tape and the other one picked her up and carried her over to a tent. He threw her inside, then the two stood like sentries outside the tent. I heard a man muttering inside the tent. My heart beat quickened. I took Diana's bow in my hand and strung it silently. Then, I reached back for an arrow just as I heard the rending of clothe.

My heart ached as I aimed for the smaller man. I breathed in and out and took aim. I couldn't miss, because then I would have two, giant men after me. I released the arrow and it pierced the man's heart. The bigger one yelled and spotted me. He came after me, yelling. I quickly took out another arrow and notched it and aimed. I shot and killed him too as he was climbing up the tree. I jumped out of the tree and went running towards the tent.

I heard a man groaning and Diana crying. My anger flared as I ripped the flap open and aimed at the man. There was another giant man on top of Diana, who was sobbing and shirtless. That bastard had ripped her shirt off and touched her! I was very pissed.

"Let her go," I said. It came out sounding calm even though a billion emotions raged inside me.

Before I knew it, the man had a knife at Diana's throat. He started screaming that he would kill her if I didn't drop my bow and arrow. My heart throbbed. I couldn't watch Diana die in front of me. I dropped my weapons. Then, he demanded that I kick them away from me. I watched as he cut the knife across Diana's throat. Her blood trickled down her neck.

I kicked my weapons away.

The man started edging towards me, telling me he was going to escape and that he would leave Diana. I didn't believe him for one second, but I couldn't do anything. I was out of the tent and they were almost at the opening, when Bacon charged at the tent, knocking it down. My view of them was cut off as the tent fell. I heard Diana scream and I thought the worst. I ran back to the tent and searched through the clothe until I found her. She was sobbing. In her hands she held the man's knife. It was bloody. I looked down at the man, who was laying dead on the ground.

She had killed him.

I ripped my shirt off and put it on her, then I took her into my arms and helped her up, leading her away from the camp. Bacon followed happily, ecstatic that we had gotten his beloved owner back. I led Diana far away, then stopped. I let her cry into my chest.

"I was so scared, Stephen," she wailed, clutching onto my arms.

"I know," I murmured into her hair. I held onto her tightly, vowing never to let her out of my sight again. I let her cry until she was cried out and she was just hiccuping.

"Stephen," she said after a while. "We're murderers."

I took her face, wiping her tears away with my thumbs. "No, we're not Diana. Not technically. It was self-defense."

She looked so vulnerable. My Diana, the strong willed one. The one who wouldn't take no for an answer. The one who taught me how to hunt and took care of me and stood up to Mark's uncle and Mark and the men on the train. She was fearless in my eyes. Even now, when she was afraid.

I wrapped my arms back around her and held on tightly. "Stephen," she murmured into my chest, leaning into me. I took her slight weight gladly. She looked up at me. "I'll never leave again!"

I gave a slight smile and kissed her on her forehead. I felt her legs give because she was still shaking and exhausted. I scooped her up and held her against me. Her head fell back as she passed out. I looked down at Bacon, who was staring at me questioningly, like he was asking me 'what do we do now?'

"Let's get out of here," I said, and started walking away, carrying the girl I loved while the pig that she loved obediently followed behind me.

********************************************************************************************

AWWWWWWWW!!! I just love Stephen and Bacon!!! And Diana's so strong!! I loved how, in the beginning, Stephen was pretty helpless and useless, and now he's saving the damsel in distress.

And. . . . He loves her!!! Aw, so cute! <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3

If you've read this far, my lovely invisible readers, I hope you're enjoying it so far! I'm having a blast writing it! I wonder if you noticed that Stephen said he used to have an estate!!??? O.O. What could that possibly mean?

I hope you're ready to hear more about Stephen's past!!! Oh, it's so good, and so tragic!!! My poor babies who actually don't exist except in my mind!!!

I hope, eventually, somebody like you will read this and love it and not just stop after the first two chapters, which sucked. . . I loved this chapter! Stephen's so brave! And Bacon! And Diana! I know that if I was in this situation, I would be scared out of my mind!!!!!

Sorry this chapter is so short, it was just another view and follow up on the last one.

They still haven't kissed!!! It's coming soon, though!!! Don't worry, my little invisible readers, no, don't worry!!!! Muh-ha-ha!!!!!

Comment and love it!!! <3 <3 <3