{27}

A/N: Brace yourselves

Also for those that missed chapter 26 literally nothing happened except for loads of fun, bonding, dildos, hilarity and a bunch of fluffy goodness.

Chapter Twenty-Seven

James had never liked Christmas. Christmas meant family and family meant Uncle John. He hated his Uncle John

Not only was his Uncle pretentious, rude and loud but he was also a racist and a homophobe. Given James' situation now, being with Casper and all he really couldn't stand as his uncle took drink after drink and made comment after comment on what really concerned him now. Even before he could hardly stand it, being that his closest friends were gay but now he was seething.

God he fucking hated him.

Not only that but they lived all the way down in Edinburgh which had meant a whole car ride with Maureen and her irritating self. It also meant he was trapped, with no room of his to escape to when his uncle got too much for him.

He wasn't all that bad supposed. He had managed to swoon his auntie Mary with in marrying him and she was the best woman ever next to his mum, not to mention their kids. He had been very close with his cousin Dawn when they were younger, her being just a few months younger than him, but they had drifted apart when she moved to Edinburgh. Their son though, God he loved him. Toby was five years old and James adored the kid, like the little brother he never had. They Skyped almost every other week and Toby would go on for hours about his latest obsession which changed from week to week and James could sit and listen to him for hours because the little guy was just so freaking enthusiastic and hilarious to watch.

James couldn't understand how a man like his uncle could have managed to build a family like that and have such a sweet little guy like Toby. James prayed that whatever bullshit his uncle spouted didn't rub off on Toby.

The man's favourite thing to do whenever James was around was to pick on him and point out everything that he thought was wrong with James.

Literally the first thing his uncle said to him when he had opened the door to welcome them in was."Wow, I thought I had a nephew not a niece. Look at the length of that hair! It's even longer than Maureen's!" the he would sit and guffaw at himself and James would have to stand outside and wait for him to finish before he was allowed to go in. James had tried to lag behind his family getting out of the car extra slow but Maureen pushed him in front. She tolerated him just as much as James.

He was a rather large man, with balding, gray hair and beady eyes that apparently were an exact match to his fathers. Apparently him and his dad had been almost identical in their younger years and people always mistook them for twins even though his dad was two years older. James looked at them now and you could hardly tell they were even related. His dad was slim but built underneath, much like James' with wavy brown locks of hair on his head whereas his uncle took up the whole doorway and more and a big patch of hair missing in the middle of his hair.

James tried his best to avoid him most times but his uncle seemed to just live to undermine him in everything he said or did and not only that but it seemed to somehow rub off on the rest fo the males in the house. Even his dad started to join in with his uncle's raving when he had a few drinks in him. It was hard mostly, being older he was looked at as more responsibly and ready to join in with the men of the family and leave the kids table.

"You're a man now," his dad said to him last year, hanging over him and almost sloshing his drink over himself, "and men sit with the other men and drink beer." He then handed him over a bottle and his uncles and cousins had cheered, even his grandfather would shockingly raised his glass with his shaky, frail hands. James also hated beer. It was bitter and bubbled none too fondly in his stomach. He was rather tipsy as he was handed one after the other. Still he couldn't refuse his dad. Especially not with his Uncle sitting there waiting to jump in and question his masculinity.