Kenneth McCormick died.

As I woke up on the late Sunday morning, a sudden rush of air was on me. It was as if someone had opened the window in my room, and it was storming outside.

Getting up, I realized that my window wasn't opened, and that it was around ten in the morning. Not too late, I suppose.

I smiled, remembering yesterday as if it just happened. I didn't even realize my mom was trying to speak to me as I was thinking about it.

"(Y/n), (Y)n)? Can you hear me?" Her voice grew louder as I zoned back in.

"Yes, I can. What's up?" I stretched and made my way around her, and into the kitchen down the hall.

"We... Need to talk. Dear, come sit down on the couch with me. It's... Important."

I get a bottle of water from the fridge and sit down. She looked worried, which made me worried.

"What's wrong?" I started. "Is everything alright?"

Mom avoided my stare, and reached down for my hand. She grabbed it, squeezing it a bit.

Tears grew in her eyes as she tried to let the words out of her mouth. She just couldn't form them, and I was getting scared.

"What is it? What happened? Is everything okay?" I started panicking. "Are you okay?"

"I... I don't know how to even start this." She bit her lip. "Kenny? That sweet boy from yesterday?"

I nodded. "Yes, what about him?"

"He died last night. He got into a serious car crash. He was on the high way with these two other kids, and suddenly a truck had made the wrong turn and smashed into their car. The two other kids only got injured so badly... But Kenny..."

I gasped, now taking it all in. Kenneth McCormick died.

"What? Are you sure?" In a panic, I jumped up, pacing the floor. "It's really Kenny?" Tears streamed down my face. "But... But it couldn't have been! Maybe they saw the wrong person-"

"(Y/n)-"

"Maybe they thought it was him but really it wasn't! He can't be dead, I saw him nearly twelve hours ago! He was... He was breathing. And alive. And amazing. His rosy face and freckled cheeks." I started to hyperventilate as I began to really understand that he was in fact dead.

"(Y/n)... I know this is a lot to take in. I am calling you out of school for this week. Losing someone so close to you is hard, I know." My mom's face was red and it looked like she just got done standing in the rain.

"I..." Sitting down, I threw my face into my hands. How could someone be taken away like this? He didn't deserve to die. Kenny was never really an innocent person, but he didn't deserve to die at such a young age!

Knocking was heard at the door, and both of our heads quickly turned to it. It sounded like people were talking outside, but we weren't sure.

"I'll get it." I whisper, my throat dry.

Upon opening it, there stood Cartman and Kyle. Behind them, was Butters.

"Hey, um... May we step inside?" Kyle asked, looking nervous. "If it's a no, we understand."

It seemed as though these boys were just broken with this news. They all looked as if they've been crying for hours. Although, it seemed like Butters was still crying. Cartman looked like he was trying to make sure no one knew he was recently crying.

"Yeah, uh yeah. Come in. That's fine." I rubbed my eye and opened the door to allow the trio in. "Take a seat on the couch." I took them to the living room, where my mother sat. She had already made herself look presentable just in case.

"Mom, here's some of my... Friends. This is Kyle, Butters, and Cartman." They all looked at each other and nodded, Cartman crossed his arms, and sat down.

Mom noticed how Butters was on the verge of crying again and began to hold him in her arms, as if she was his mother.

"Let it all out, dear. It's okay to cry." It seemed as though she was also giving herself a little pep talk. "Sometimes... It's better to let things out."

Butters cried loudly as the rest of us sat in silence.

"So, have you heard anything about Stan and Wendy?" I asked, really hoping they were who mom was talking about. Wait, not really. They were just the last two people I saw Kenny with.

"They're in good shape, I guess. Stan broke a leg, Wendy has a fractured rib." Kyle stated, laying down on one of the couches. "As soon as I got the news, I couldn't fall asleep. I just kept crying, you know? One of my best friends died, and one of them got seriously injured. It all just... Sucks."

I heard Cartman cough and my attention was given to him. There he sat, on the other side of the living room. His face red, and puffy. He kept blinking and it came to my attention that he was crying.

"Hey... It's okay to cry, man." I said to him, softly. "Everyone cries. This is something you can cry about. I promise." My gaze softens as Cartman let's out a jagged breath, and leaves the room, walking into the bathroom down the hall and locks the door.

I look to Kyle and see that he was watching Cartman, with a caring look in his eyes.

"He's always had trouble sharing his feelings, I guess. Sometimes... It's better to leave him to himself."

It's been an hour now, and Butters had fallen asleep and Mom is now just messing with his hair. That's something she does, when she's caring for someone. She would always mess with their hair, I don't know what was with it, but it helped calm most people down. Just the thought that someone is protecting you, and comforting you.

Kyle and I were talking about when we should visit Wendy and Stan in the hospital. And we were wondering if they knew yet. We also discussed Kenny. How he had funny jokes to say about things and how he would always try to be the best. We also talked about how if Kenny never started that damn rumor, we all wouldn't have been friends like this. And it's only been what, a month? Maybe even a week?

But then I started thinking... Maybe this is all my fault. If Kenny and I have never met, then Kenny wouldn't have died. I wouldn't have been feeling guilty for his death. I had to do something about it, and it had to be soon.

The sun was setting and everyone was going home, or to bed. As I made sure my mom was asleep, I opened my book of 'spells' that I had for YEARS. Now, over the years, I had gotten into witch craft and such. It wasn't a huge topic of interest, but something I loved.

Opening to the topics page, I looked and read aloud, "Page 217, Chapter 16: Time Travel."