Date?

(A/n: The song has nothing to do with the chapter, I just love the song okay anyways--)

I sat on my bed as my mom made her way into my room. Oh man.

"Where were you?"

"I was at the party I told you about. And then I spent the night at Wendy's."

"Oh yeah? If I were to call Wendy's mom, would she agree with you?"

"Well, yeah. I had dinner with them."

"... Alright. I believe you. I don't have her number, but I believe you. Just, warn me beforehand, okay?"

I nodded, as she walked out of my room.

"Hey, mom!"

"Yes, dear?" She leaned into my room and suddenly there's a dry patch in my throat.

"I'm going on a date tonight."

It was an hour ago when I agreed with Kenny to go. I didn't mean to, but my mouth wouldn't stay shut.

"Uh, yeah. I'll go out with you."

"Really? Great! I'm excited! You don't have to dress up, but that's your choice."

I shake my head as I get his voice out of my head and catch myself smiling as I think about this. Damnit, I better not fall for the boy that made me feel as though my life could have gotten ruined. 

A smile shines on my mom's face as she walks over to me. Wrapping her arms around me, she rubs my back.

"I'm so happy for you, will I meet the amazing young man?"

I shrug, "Not sure yet. Maybe. Maybe not."

She laughs, and leaves my room, waving at me.

As I walk out of my room, I stop to see myself infront of my mirror. My red rose cheeks shine as my eyes are glamourous. I didn't put on anything too special, just a black top with a jean jacket and red leggings, with black combat boots. (I think this is a really cute outfit idea btw-)

I nod to myself, and saw the clock on my wall said 6:37pm. So close, yet so far.

Suddenly, a knock is heard at my front door and I instantly panicked.

"Oh, hello! Are you (Y/n)s date? You look so handsome tonight. Do come in!" My mom backs up and I see Kenny standing there, in a suit, with his hair styled back. Suddenly, I feel underdressed.

We make eye contact and I feel my face heat up. Smiles is all I see. I have to admit, this guy was looking amazing.

"(Y/n), it's rude to stare! Now, come sit down. Kenny, is your name right?"

"I-Wait. Mom, how'd you know his name?"

"You kept talking to yourself in there, saying things like, 'What would Kenny think?' Honestly, it was adorable." Mom sips her tea as I just sigh and hear Kenny laugh beside me. "I'm just kidding! I ran into him the other day. He's a nice young man, he was with his little sister, am I correct?"

Kenny nods and sits closer to me, this is weird. He's not the usual outgoing guy I've come to know. He's more of a shy kid. Wait, is this how he is with all adults? Amazing.

I look at my invisible watch and stand up, grabbing mom's attention, along with Kenny's.

"Suddenly, it's 6:45! Gotta go! Right, Kenny?" I look down to him, as he stands up, and I'm looking up at him.

"Uh... Right. May I go (y/n) on a date?" Kenny asked my mom, and she smiles. Nodding, she stands infront of Kenny and shakes his hand.

"You better take good care of them, Kenny."

We walk out the door and I peck my mom on the cheek.

As we begin to walk, Kenny let's out a deep breath.

"I didn't know if that would've worked or not." Suddenly, he rips off his suit, and is in a blank and blue flannel, with a blank tank underneath, and in normal black jeans that flow at the bottom. His suddenly nice looking shoes were normal converse. Do I ask? No, I will not.

He grabs my hand and suddenly we're running into a store. Wal-Mart? Alright, a classy place for a classy date.

"Yeah, I know, I was kinda just dressing up for your mother, but I didn't really want to just be the stereotypical guy who shows up in a fancy outfit for a small date. I'm not that guy. But, hey, I'm honest."

Winking at me, he leads me to the gaming section of the store. Pointing at a gaming system, I'm suddenly standing right in front of it, as we play one round of Mario Kart. He wins. Damn.

"Damn you, Kenny. Of course you would win." I look over to see him already staring at me, and when he sees that I'm looking back at him, he looks away, and has a smile on his face.

"So, the real reason I brought you here, was so you could pick out a movie." Holding my hand, Kenny takes me to the movie section.

I instantly feel bad, and go to the $5 bin, and start looking for a movie.

"It's (Y/f/m)! I've been looking for this one, for ages! Yes! Can I get it?" I turn to see Kenny looking at the movie, and brings it closer to him, better to see it.

"Well what can I say, that's also my favorite movie." He smiles at me, that damn smile can bring someone back to life.

"So.. is that a yes?"

Nodding, I'm suddenly being taken to a register, and he's paying for the movie.

We get back to my house, and I see that my mom is gone. What? She didn't say she was leaving today?

"Hey... So, I asked your mom a little favor. I asked if she could leave to go somewhere for a bit, while we had our date here, she was fine with that. She said that she was going to see some of her old friends anyways."

"I... That's smart. Wow, that's really smart." I ponder on that for a second, and before I could even say anything, Kenny and I are in the dark, the TV is on and we're watching my movie. There is also popcorn in my lap, and Kenny's arm wrapped around my shoulder. A blanket is on top of us, and the couch is supplied with soft pillows. How did he...

Before I could even finish my thought, Kenny's lips were on mine, and I couldn't have helped but melt into them.

(A/n: there you go!! I'm sorry that it took me so long for this update!! But I will be updating more. There's just so much happening in my personal life, but now I have more free time, I'll be able to do more chapters :) )