Kiss?

The kiss was soft, and lasted for about five seconds.

"I-I uh, sorry." Kenny quickly got up, grabbing his coat that I didn't even realize had had taken off here.

"Where are you going?" I asked, turning on the lights.

"I gotta go." He hugs me. "I have to get home to my family, I told them I'd be gone for an hour, it's been about two hours now. I'm sorry." Kenny hugs me for a good minute before slowly letting go, and running out the door.

Defeated, I stand there. The guy I thought I didn't want to fall for, I might think is perfect for me.

My phone rings and I see it's from Wendy. Obviously, I answered it.

"Hello?" I hear myself echo on her phone.

"Hey! Do you want to hang out today? If you don't want to, I understand." I can hear her voice get softer as she talked more.

"I'm sorry it's really late. Maybe tomorrow?" I look to see it's around 8, and I instantly feel tired. "I'll talk to you tomorrow."

"Mmk, bye!"

I hang up, and instantly just pull myself down to the couch, I didn't have enough energy to head to my room.

As I closed my eyes, the thought of Kenny's freckled face dove into my mind. His blue eyes were like the sky, beautiful.

Passing out, I woke up on the couch, my mom standing over me. A smile was on her face and I just stared at her.

"What?" I sat up, rubbing my arm. "Why are you smiling so much at this time? It's too early."

Pulling out an invisible watch, my Mom looks at her wrist. "Honey, it's now 2 in the afternoon."

"What?!" Jumping up, Mom rolls her eyes and grabs my arm.

"It's okay, I was kidding. It's like 10. Wendy is down the hall, she said you guys were gonna hang out?"

I let out a deep breath and nod. I look down at my now wrinkled outfit and try to straighten it out.

"Oh, hello (Y/n). You woke up!" Wendy  waved, and sat down by me. "Your hair is kinda a mess... Here. Have a brush." She took out a brush from her pink purse, and started to brush my hair.

"Thanks?" I push her hand away lightly, as she smiles. "Why are you over so early?"

"Well..." Wendy started. "I just thought we could have a hang-out day, or you know, a double date."

"A double date? That doesn't sound bad. Wait. Double date? Who would you be with? I thought you and Stan broke up..."

"We did! But now we're back together. I know people get annoyed whenever we suddenly get back together, but honestly I'm not sure how either of us feel about one another. Yeah, I'm sure we like each other. But we also do start to like others... Anyways! Are you and Kenny... You know... Official?" Wendy giggles as she finishes the last bit.

"I-I don't know. I should ask him, right?"

"Yes! Go! Ask!"

I pull out my phone, and decided to call him.

"Hey." He answered. His voice was quiet. "What's up?"

"Are we... Are we like... A thing?" I was hesitant to ask. "I... Nevermind."

"No, hold on. Do you think we're a thing?"

No one talked for a few seconds.

"I'm not sure. This all started because of a rumor you started. Should we be a thing?"

"Do you WANT to be a thing?"

"Kinda."

"I believe we are. I did take you out for a 'date'." He laughed as I just looked over at Wendy, who had her head tilt.

"So, we're officially a thing?"

"Yup. Love you, bye." He hangs up the phone and my face heats up. That might've been an accident when he said I love you, but that was a lot to take in.

"So, you're official? Oh my god! I'm so happy for you guys! I hope he means this, and isn't messing with you." Wendy admitted, hugging me. "If he breaks your heart, tell me, okay?"

I nod, as we let each other go.

Wendy got onto her phone, and I could see that she was texting Stan about the 'big news'.

I could see her phone flashing with all the messages he was sending to her.

"Stan is happy for you guys." Wendy flashed me a smile. "He's like, so excited for this date."

"Damnit! I forgot to tell Kenny about it. Can you have Stan talk to him? I feel like messaging him would annoy him for some reason."

Wendy nods, and she's not even on her phone for five seconds and she's done telling Stan.

"He said he will, he'll get him all ready and everything."

A few hours passed by, and a knock was at the door.

Opening it, I saw Kenny in his normal outfit, and Stan seemed to have a tie on with a black shirt. Wow, classy.

"We're here!" Stan said in a sing-a-song like voice. "Are y'all ready?"

I looked down at my black jeans, and my grey sweater.

"Yeah, I guess so." I shrugged, and looked at Kenny, who was smiling.

"You look so beautiful tonight." He whispered, embracing me with a hug.

"You look... Great too." I awkwardly said back, can you tell I'm not good at compliments?

"Okay, let's go! We're going to Steak and Shake." Wendy took Stan's hand, holding it, and they walked out infront of us.

We get into Stan's truck. It wasn't huge, but it wasn't small. It was a decent size for all of us.

"Are you all ready?" He asked, turning on the truck. "It gets loud and crazy in here."

Wendy laughed and Stan nervously laughed along with her, not really sure why she was laughing.

"I'm sure we're ready." Kenny looked over at me, rubbing my knuckles gently.

We arrived at the restaurant, and took our seats in a booth. Who's crazy enough to not sit at a booth?

"Hello, I'm Tracy, I will be serving you darlings. What would you lovelies want today?" Tracy placed our menus infront of us, and smiled as we each chose our orders.

"Okay, that sounds great. I'll be back in a while."

In a few minutes, we were all laughing our asses off at anything. We really need to hang out more often.

"Hi, I'm Tairus, I'm sorry but Tracy had to leave early. Are these your orders?" The guy asked, as he allowed us to look at the plates. "I'm new here... So... Sorry." He laughed nervously to himself.

"Oh, yes! Those are our plates! Thank you." Wendy smiled up at Tairus, as he put down our plates.

Even more minutes passed by, and we're all done and leaving. Suddenly, I'm being walked up to my front door by Kenny, and he has a blush on his face.

"That was really fun. I'll see you at school tomorrow." Kenny gave me a kiss on the cheek. "See ya."

He runs to the truck, as I walked inside.

Wait a minute, isn't tomorrow Sunday?

A/n: Hello! It's the author! Yes I did draw the picture of Kenny at the top I hope you enjoyed that. How do you enjoy the story so far? :)