f i v e

"Honey I'm home!" a voice called from the front hall as the door slammed shut.  I looked up from where I was working on my laptop at the kitchen table and put down the protein shake I was sipping to see Rob stumble into the room under the weight of his baggage.  

"How was your weekend?" I asked, raising an eyebrow at the number of bags he had, fairly convinced he had only taken 2 when he'd left.

After depositing his bags all over the floor, Rob crossed the kitchen and dramatically threw his arms around me, planting a kiss on the top of my head, "I missed you oh so dearly my love."

I looked up at him from where I still sat in my chair, "On a scale of 1 to post-Super Bowl, how hungover are you?"

"I'm gonna go with post-AFC Championship to be honest," he responded, finally removing his sunglasses and propping them on top of his head.  

"Robert, why do you have a black eye," I started to ask, but then shook my head, "You know what, I really don't even want to know the answer to that."  Instead, I reached into my purse for the bottle of Advil I always carried, and passed him the gallon of water I'd bought for him the previous day.

He took both bottles and placed them on the counter next to him, "This is why I love you."

"Yeah, well, I am engaged to the most notorious party boy in the sports world," I shrugged, returning to the music I was cutting instead of giving him the kiss I knew he was waiting for.

Rob slid his body into the chair next to me and gently closed my laptop screen, "Is everything ok?  You seem upset."

"Not at all, why would you say that?"

"Hanna, I know you and I know that you're acting a touch passive aggressive right now and I want to know why and I want to know how I can fix it."

"Rob, really.  I'm good."

"Nothing happened over the weekend that you should be worried about, if that's your concern."

"I believe you."

"Do you really though?"

I sighed, "You know what?  I'm done having this conversation.  Let's get your bags upstairs, and then get you to catch up on some rest so Belichick and Tom don't kill me for letting you have a party bus weekend."

Rob grabbed my cheek and turned my face to him gently, "You know I love you more than anything in the world, right?"

I rolled my eyes and let a small smile spread across my lips, "Yes Roberto, I'm aware."

He gave me a small kiss, and then stood up to begin collecting his bags off the floor.  I re-opened my laptop and closed the tab that I had quickly minimized when Rob walked through the door - Will Bennett's Wikipedia page.  Then, I followed my fiancé up the stairs and into our bedroom, where he was already passed out in our bed.  I smiled looking at his huge frame, which practically took up the entire queen mattress, and then tucked myself into his side, resting my head on his chest, and closed my eyes.