o n e

S P R I N G

"Rob, come on! We're going to be late, and you know Julian will happily leave us here if we're not in the limo in the next 30 seconds!" I yelled up the stairs. Usually, the girl is the one in the relationship that takes the longest, but not here. I swear this boy will be late to his own funeral.

A whistle came from the top of the stairs, and I looked up to see my fiancé dressed in a tuxedo, bowtie hanging untied around his neck. I smirked and twirled around to show off my fitted, deep red velvet dress, brown curls flowing behind me.

"Damn girl check out that bling," Rob jumped down the stairs two at a time and hugged me around my waist. I held out a perfectly manicured hand and we both stood there admiring the diamond ring that flashed on my finger. The sweet moment was of course too good to last, as he grabbed my butt with his free hand and ran away before I could hit him, yelling, "She got a booty too!"

Laughing, we both ran out the door to find Julian and Danny standing outside a beautiful, shiny stretch limousine. I stopped to tie Rob's bowtie for him, as he still hadn't done that, and we all slid in the limo, en route to Gillette Stadium for the Super Bowl ring ceremony.

~

Balloons and confetti rained down as Bob Kraft finished his speech and countdown, and the boxes containing the coveted Super Bowl rings popped open. I gasped as I leaned over Rob's shoulder to see the diamond-encrusted masterpiece that had been so painstakingly won back in February. "Congrats baby!" I squealed, grabbing his face and kissing his cheek.

He slid the ring on and extended his arm to watch the jewels sparkle in the blue and red lights, "Still not as great as the one I put on your finger though."

I gave him my best Sorry face, "Babe, let's be honest. As soon as I get my Super Bowl ring, we both know that's going to take precedence."

Rob laughed and pulled me against him with his free arm.

"Now let's go dance!"