t h r e e

The satisfying sound of metal clanging into metal hit my ears as I slammed the barbell back into the squat rack. I walked around to the outside and slid another 10 pound plate onto each side, bringing my total weight up to 125 pounds. Before I stepped back under the bar, I looked to my right to see Rob working on the bench next to me. He had loaded the bench press up with plates, so much that the bar almost seemed to be bending. I rolled my eyes. "Show off," I called over to him with a smirk.

I finished up one last set of squats, and after replacing the bar on the rack, turned around to find my lovely fiancé standing right behind me. Involuntarily, I jumped at the surprise, "Good God Rob, you scared me."

He held out his hands as if reaching for my waist, "I was gonna help spot you."

I flipped my long brown ponytail over my shoulder and crossed my arms, "You just wanted to look at my butt."

"I'm a man who enjoys the finer things in life."

I couldn't stop myself from smiling, and grabbed his shoulder as I walked past him out of the rack, "Come on you classy guy, let's get some lunch." Of course, he couldn't let the opportunity pass him by, grabbing a quick squeeze as I slid by. "You're lucky I love you Robert."

~

We walked out of the Gillette Stadium gym hand in hand, sipping protein shakes courtesy of Tom's new TB12 line. Clearly the man was doing something right, and what kind of idiot would I be if I completely disregarded his advice?

"My legs are so sore already," I complained, "I love training legs but I really, really hate it."

Without even asking, Rob swept me up in his arms, and started carrying me across the parking lot. "Your chariot awaits, madame."

A giggle escaped my lips, "Thank you my prince charming."

A flash came from my right, and we both turned our heads. "Sniped!" called Danny, who was getting out of his car, clearly headed in for a workout.

"Our own personal paparazzi!" I yelled back.

~

I stabbed the last few pieces of spinach in my bowl with my fork, slowly chewing as I watched Rob drag a large duffel bag out of the bedroom we now shared. Today was Friday, and he was leaving for his charity trip on the Gronkowski family party bus. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't a little bit nervous.

"Ok babe, I'm gonna head out now," he said, walking over to where I sat at the kitchen table, "Are you sure you're ok? I can stay if you want me to."

I shook my head, "No, go. Have fun. I'll be here waiting on Monday morning. Just make good choices please."

He smiled, and wrapped me in a big hug, landing a kiss on my head, "I love you. So much. And you look good in my sweatshirt."

I stood on the porch and waved goodbye as he hopped in his brother's car. Then, I headed inside to get started on my fun-filled weekend of work.