CH 13

And.... I'm sleeping in a garbage can.

With an old man.

And a crippled 13 year old boy. 

They're both sleeping.... but I'm not. I can't tell if it's the stench or the moaning of the zombies that's making me stay awake.

And maybe because I was made watch for the first four hours.

How many hours have passed? God only knows how many.

I doze off a couple times, but manage to wake myself up by hitting my head on the side of the dumpster.

"You okay?" A groggy voice asks me.

Kendall.

"Yeah, fine," I rub the throbbing part of my head.

"You want me to take watch for a while?" He asks.

"No, I'm fine. You wouldn't be able to do anything. You're crippled," I smirk.

"I could wake you up, shoot a gun, stab it. I'm pretty capable," Kendall argues/

"Whatever," I shrug, even though I'm pretty happy I can finally sleep for a while.

I lay my head on the dumpster and shut my eyes, when I hear a loud clapping noise. 

A storm. Really... now?

"Great," Kendall says. He puts up his hands to block the cool rain seeping in from the cracks in the top.

"I'll stay up. Can't sleep with the rain dripping down my back anways," I shiver and try to use my hand to wipe my back.

"Here, I found this under Mr. Greene's head. That cheater," Kendall laughs and tosses me a towel.

"You obviously didn't find it, he was using it," I use the towel to wipe my arms and back and toss it to Kendall to use.

"There," Kendall puts it above his head like an insulator to keep the rain from coming in.

"Smart idea," I nod my head.

"Now you can try to sleep," Kendall says.

"Yeah. Now I can sleep," I sigh and try to get comfortable. Or as comfortable as you can in a dumpster.

"Mr. Greene's taking all the space," I laugh, and try to maneuver my legs around him without kicking him.

"Here, I'll scoot over," I can hear shuffling as Kendall scoots over.

I move away from the corner and scoot in the spot Kendall was just in.

"Thanks," I say, and try to get comfortable again.

I shut my eyes and immediately drift off to sleep.

 DREAM

We're on the Tea Cups ride in Disney World.

My mom, dad, little brother and I.

Ollie's screaming and giggling, a big toothless grin on his face.

"You like that, bud?" My dad asks brightly.

I smile at my mom, who giggles slightly re-positioning her Mickey Mouse ears on her head.