Chapter one; Time for change.

"Valerie!" My mum's voice screeched throughout the whole house. I rolled my eyes and grabbed my bags and luggage. "I'm coming!" I yelled back as ran downstairs. I'm about to board a plane. Oh, I didn't tell you? I live in Australia. Yep. Land of the kangaroos. Though, mum has a Brittish accent. And I think that dad does too, I can't remember, considering he hasn't been home in over 2 months. This is his longest time away. He promised to come back. But that was 5 months ago.

"Urgh. Valerie. Are you wearing make up?" Mum said, her words slurred. Squeezing my cheeks together. She smelt like a bottleshop. And it made me sick to my stomach.

"Yes, Kate." I said, wiggiling out of her grip. Anger flashed through her eyes as she stared at me, face contoughted out of rage. Then before I knew it I felt her hand colide with the side of my face with a loud 'SMACK' sound. I stumbled back, holding my cheek. Typical day for me.

"I'm mother to you! Go put more make up on, you look hidieous." She ordered. I stood there frozen, but soon enough I regained my strength as I backed away, running upstairs. I ran into the bathroom, locking the door. I slid down the door.

Questions flew all around in my mind. What did I do to deserve this? Will I be able to ever escape this? Why can't I be normal? Before I knew it I felt warm tears fall down my face.

No. I'm not going to cry anymore. I'm going to London. I'm going to escape her. For good.

I washed my face, looked up at my reflection, sighed, and went back downstairs. Time for change.

A/N: FIRST CHAPTER!!!

DID Y'ALL LIKE IT?!

I hope so! I tried hard! :3

And hey look! It's Valerie! >>>

It's gonna get happy soon guys, promise! I just needed to write about her... home life. :C

Comment your opinion! Constructive criticism welcome! <3

~Rachelle