s i x t e e n

Hye Jin's POV

A necklace. A simple, gold rose necklace.

I continued to stare at it in awe

I continued to stare at it in awe. Jimin came up to me and took the necklace, unlocking it as he wore it on my neck. His hands touched my back as I felt a tingling sensation down my spine.

"Jimin, this is beautiful.. Thank you."

At The Dorm

"Hye Jin, my sweet Hye Jin. Back at the asylum, there was never a day I didn't think of you. I regret everything I did to you. I know, my apologies won't be enough to cut it. But please, let me prove to you how I am certain of my love for you. Your eyes, they remind me of the pain you have felt back from the old days. How I wish to change everything back in the past, but that will never happen. So now, right this very moment, I promise you a new Park Jimin. I'm sorry, Hye Jin. I love you.. so much."

Jimin hugged me as I was left stunned. I opened my mouth, but there was nothing I could tell him. I couldn't possibly tell him I love him too. No, that's too soon.

Firstly, he needs to prove it to me. I don't want to believe what he says, unless he proves it. The way he spoke, I am sure he was telling the truth.

Maybe.. Just maybe. I should move on from the past.

Maybe.. Just maybe. I should give him a chance.

Maybe.. Just maybe. I can love him again. Better.

"Jimin-ah," I started. He lifted his head, crystal tears evident in his eyes. My heart started to ache.

"Prove it to me. Prove to me you love me. Prove to me that you changed. That you changed for the better."

Author's Note:

Sorry if it was short! I wanted to give Jimin a chance so, there you go.