Realization

Next day, Ulrich:

"Hi Yumi" I said. "Hey, what's up?" she asked while getting a hot chocolate from the vending machine.

"Nothing much, how are you?" I asked leaning back against the builing outside. 

"Ok, what something on your mind?"   "No" I lied. Yeah there was something on my mind. What's on my mind, well I was about to tell you how I really feel, but I don't think you like me back. She leaned against the building, her arms crossed.

"Something on your mind?"   

"No" she replied.

Yumi:

Was he about to aske me something? I wondered. Nah, probaly not. Why would a guy like Ulrick ask me something. I mean it's not like he likes me or anything, we're just good friends. I thought. A couple months ago, I had told him that we were better off being just friends. I mean one day I was jelouse or he was jelouse, one of us would be friends one day and enemies the next day, and I finaly made the decision he just didn't have feelings. I still can't help but wonder if it was the right choice. 

"Ugh" he said with disgust. "It's Sissy, coming this way" he said.

"Come on, lets go get breakfast" I said. We quickly hurried to the cafeteria, I could help but look back at her. Yep, she was furious. That spoiled brat thinks Ulrich will fall for her, and she's convinced herself that I'm trying to keep Ulrich all to myself. I grabbed a bowl of cereal and sat down at the usual table next to Aelita. 

"Anything new?" I asked Jeremy.  "Nothing new" he replied. Good, no signs of Xana, yet.  

"Oh, my. How much food are you going to eat?!?" Ulrich asked Odd. 

He shrugged "As much as I need" he replied and began to eat. He had a bowl of cereal, a banana, two crossants; which by the way taste like uncooked dough, an apple and a milk carton.

"You need that much food?" Ulrich asked.

"Yeah to study" Odd replied, just as I put a spoonfull of cereal in my mouth. I started choking.

"Your, your kidding right?" I asked. Odd study? No way!

"Maybe Odd's changed" Jeremy suggested.  "Or maybe it's Xana" Aelita suggested, pinching Odd's arm.

"Ow!" Odd exclaimed.   "Odd Della Robia, human, not Xanafied" he said rubbing his arm; Aelita laughed. 

"Well see ya" Odd said, putting his tray away, and heading out with a brunnette. 

"That's why, he's studying to be with a girl" Ulrich said with a 'I realize' tone of voice, I rolled my eyes. Still being the player I guess, I hope she won't be heart broken though. I checked the clock, class started in five minutes.

I sighed "I have a test in five minutes" I said. I stood up to leave and put my tray away.

"Wait, Yumi, l-let me walk you to class" Ulirch stuttered. We walked in silence on the way to my class. 

"So you think Odd's gona loose that girl?" Ulrich asked breaking the silence between us. 

"Probably" I said.  "I don't think so" Ulrich replied.    "Really?"    "Yeah, wanna bet?" he asked.

"What kind of bet?" I asked, my eyes narrowing. What could he have in mind? 

"If Odd doesn't get dumped by friday, y-y" Ulrich began to stutter.   "What? I what?" 

"You promise to be my date for the school dance on saturday" he blurted out.

"I-I- sure" I whispered, my face heating up.  "Well my class is here, see you later" I said, and entered the class room. There was only one seat left, and it was next to William.