Chapter 2

The audience was quite for a second before registering that I was with the boys. I looked at the boys for help, not quite sure what to do. Louis seemed to have picked up on it.

“NESSSSAAAA!” He yelled jumping up and running over to me. Then the rest of the boys, followed. They all trapped me in a giant hug. I casually whispered a thank you and we all walked back to the couch with Louis on my one arm and Zayn on the other.

Once Louis had saved me the audience had gone crazy. Once seated, I gave Zayn a quick wink to let him know that everything was fine and Harry a sly kick to the ankle. The fact that he didn’t even tell me that we where about to go on made me want to punch him, but I shoved away all those thoughts and put on a nice smile. He glared at me trying not to show any pain. I muffled a laugh with my hands. 

“Alright Ladies and Gentlemen I’d like to welcome Vanessa Abbott to the show!” Ellen said extending her hand. I gratefully took it. 

“HI HOW ARE YOU?!” I said. Was that too loud?

“Oh Hello there! So your excited to be here I take it?” She laughed.

“Yes! Truth be told I’m actually still in awe that you invited me along with the boys here to be on your show. I’ve always loved the show and now being on it is just another dream come true.” I gushed. 

“Aw. Well I’m glad to here that!” She said. “So tell me, do you think it will be hard traveling with a bunch of teenage boys?”

I gave a small laugh before answering the question “No actually, I mean we get in little spats here and there about the little things, like who stole your hairbrush,” Zayn. “Or who ate the last cookie even though you specifically wrote your my name on it” Niall. “Or who decided to steal your bras and run around in them.” Louis, Harry. I glared at each one as their names applied. “But other then that its an absolute pleasure to be working with them and I look forward to hanging out with them on the road. I consider them Family. They really are a great bunch of guys and I couldn’t be happier with how things turned out.” 

“Fantastic! Now I’m just curious to know how you met these boys.” she leaned forward a bit.

“Right, well its a bit of an interesting story, I actually met Louis over spring break one year in New York, where I grew up, while he was visiting his Uncle. We used to sing together and kept in touch via Skype. So we where kinda like pen pals almost. I even came and visited him in England before he auditioned for the X-Factor. Then when the band formed he introduced me to the rest of the boys and I got along with everyone quite well.” Harry’s eye caught mine for a moment. I ignored it and continued on. “One night they recorded me singing to them over Skype without telling me, and showed Simon who apparently thought that I had a lot of potential and set me up as their opening act for the tour. So I guess I owe them all a “massive” thank you for what they did for me, If it wasn’t for that recording I would probably be working at Wendy’s right now.” I grinned at Louis who gave me a thumbs up.

“How nice of you boys!” she said. “Now, I know you all have been asked this millions of times but I have to ask again, its part of my job. Who here is dating.”

“ME!” Louis screamed.

“Me as well!” Liam pipped in

“And me!” Zayn said. I smiled as he gave me a quick kiss on the check. 

A wave of Aw’s came from the audience.

“Oh so you two are dating eh?” Ellen said. We both nodded and I snuggled into him further.

“So its just you two then huh?” she said gesturing towards Harry and Niall.

“Yup” Niall said popping the P.

“Mhmmmm” Harry added.

“Well two strapping young men as yourselves and with ladies practically lined up at your door, even if they are only 13, I’m sure you will find somebody in no time.” she said. We all laughed at that. 

Then the boys performed What Makes You Beautiful and One Thing. The interview continued after mostly about the boys and their rise to fame, but I didn’t mind, this was their time to shine and I just sat back and enjoyed every moment of it. 

“So before we go I just want to play a quick game of...........Truth or Dare! Cuz I mean really who doesn’t love a good game of truth or dare?” said Ellen

The crowed went wild again. 

“Alright so here’s how its going to work, I’m going to give you each a card that has both a truth or a dare. You get to pick who you want to ask but each of you have to go at least once. Got it?” she said

“YEAHHHHH!” we all cheered

“Ok so I’ll start off.” she began. “Louis. Truth or Dare?” she said raising an eyebrow

“Hmm I’m gunna go with Dare Ellen.” His face turned into complete focus and determination. She looked down at the card and started laughing at whatever it said. 

“Louis, dear Louis, I dare you to go up to one of our lovely audience members and serenade her with one of your best dance moves.” she said.

“Ohhh I like this one.” He jumped up from his seat and ran out into the audience. 

“YOU!’ he pointed to an old lady in an isle seat, then began to do his classic stop the traffic let em through dance move. Everyone was loving it. Meanwhile the boys and I where laughing almost to the point of tears when the old lady actually started to join in with him. 

The rest of the hilarious Truth or Dares, mainly dares, resulted in Liam dressed up as a Ballerina, Zayn swapping shirts with a fan, me having a pie eating contest with Ellen, and Zayn’s doodles drawn all over Niall’s body with sharpie. Now all who was left was Harry. I smiled internally at the thought of what embarrassing task he might get. 

“Ok Hazza. Truth or Dare.” Niall asked.

“Well since you all did dares I might as well choose dare also.”  He grinned in anticipation

“Ok! I dare you...” He paused to read what was on the card. His eyes suddenly widened and he shot me a sorry look. “To kiss the person directly to your right.” He finished hesitantly. The audience gasped and cheered.  A look of pure horror spread across my face as I looked for help from Zayn. He gave me a quick nod and a small smile. I shook my head.

“Go on its fine.” He whispered. I gave him a reassuring kiss on the cheek before turning to Harry who had a giant grin plastered to his face. 

“Don’t pull anything funny Harry or I will slit your throat while you sleep. Understand?” I hissed through a fake smile.

“Wouldn’t dream of it.” And with that his lips crashed down on mine. They where just as I had remembered them, soft yet applied with the right amount of pressure. The audience went nuts and I couldn’t think straight with all the screaming. Harry leaned in making the kiss deeper. I couldn’t help myself but to kiss back, like I was under some spell. Someone let out a loud cough next to me which caused me to snap back into reality. I pushed Harry away lightly and smiled out into the audience who where still going crazy from the kiss. I gave them a small bow and returned my focus on Ellen avoiding eye contact with the other boys. 

“Well that looked like fun.” She said “Anyway thats all the time we have here on the Ellen show, give it up for One Direction and Vanessa Abbott one more time!!” she said as the audience cheered. “And we will see you back here tomorrow with, you got it, T-Swift!!” We all waved good-bye to the camera until they signaled to us that the show was over, along with my life.