Chapter 15

Vanessa’s POV

“THANK YOU SAN FRANCISCO YOU’VE BEEN AMAZING!” My deep voice boomed around the stadium as I yelled into the mic. The crowd went insane as the boys and I gathered for our final bow after an amazing encore. The lights started to dim as a signal to us to start to exit the stage. The boys all did their own cheeky little moves before running off backstage, including Niall’s famous Defying gravity jump, and Louis’s infamous pelvic thrust. I blew a kiss and a wink to the fans all across the stadium and jogged off excitedly right behind the rest of the boys.

“THAT WAS INCREDIBLE!” All the boys and I gathered in for a giant group hug, messing up each others hair, slapping one another’s rear ends, and punching each others shoulders. Its a guy thing I guess?

“YOU DID IITTTTT!” Harry came running into view, arms flailing around him. Instead of jumping for Zayn though he made the mistake of almost jumping into me. I waved my hands subtly motioning towards Zayn. He registered what I was getting at and reversed his course to Zayn. He sprung up and wrapped his legs around Zayn’s waist, keeping his hands locked around his neck.

“YOU DID AMAZING!” He yelled and pecked his lips softly.

“Thats all I get?” Zayn pouted. He rolled his eyes just like I would in this situation and leaned in for a passionate kiss. Just watching made my stomach churn. I would give anything for that to be me again. To be held in his arms once again. To feel special and safe in his arms. I sighed deeply and starred dreamily at the boy I fell in love with. Why hadn’t I realized my love for him before? He was always there for me during the X-Factor days, even during the whole thing with Harry, he was the one there to comfort me, no questions asked. He truly was the perfect guy.

“YOU BOYS TORE IT UP!” Harry hopped off of Zayn and gave each of the other boys a hug. Louis held him close during his turn and kissed him on the forehead lightly.

“Lets not forget your amazing performance.” He grinned. Harry shrugged all cute like and waved him off.

“This isn’t about me. Its all you boys tonight.” He stepped back and called for a group hug. We all huddled together happily.

“Now, LETS DO AN EVEN BETTER JOB THE REST OF THE TOUR!!!” I yelled enthusiastically. We all cheered and gave each other high fives. Th adrenaline that was pumping through me was extraordinary. I felt as if I could do it all over again. We all rushed back to our dressing rooms to get changed into our casual clothes. In the hall, Harry caught up to me.

“Babe you did amazing!” He pulled me into a giant hug. 

“Harry........we can do this......” I whispered. “This...this is actually working.” I giggled. He nodded excitedly.

“I told you everything would be alright didn’t I!? No one suspects a thing!” He beamed.

“No one suspects what?” Harry and I whipped around and stared blankly at who was in front of us. Louis stood there with his arms folded over his chest, with one eyebrow raised. It was like he was the protective father who just caught his daughter sneaking out with some guy.

“Um...” I quickly formulated a lie in my head. “Vanessa was just pointing out the fact how no one noticed this giant stain on the inside of my jacket. She was rubbing it in my face how right she was.” Yes, that could work nicely.

“...Ok...” I could tell by his expression that he wasn’t buying it, but he shrugged anyway. “The boys and I are going out for a drink to celebrate. You all coming? Dani and El are coming as well.” 

“No thanks I’m fine.” “Hell Yeah!” Harry and I said at the same time. I glared at him from the corner of my eye. I’m not sure if I’m ready to be so out to the public just yet. There’s still so much that could happen and I don’t want to raise any suspicion. Louis looked at me skeptically.