Kidnapping isn't a crime. Right? Chapter 6

See the reason I 'Kidnapped' Lu - if you even call it kidnapping - is because of G'Mama. Well, a couple of weeks ago when Mommy figured out about me having a kid, somehow that subject came up when Mommy was talking to her and G'Mama wanted to meet my daughter. Her Granddaughter...

Here's the thing G'Mama, is dieing. She's extremely sick I don't know what's up with her, but all I know is that My Granny's gonna die soon. Now G'Mama wanted to meet my daughter, the daughter that was taken away from me by that... UGH!!! How I wish I could call her an ungentlemanly name!

Right now we're in the living room. Lu was sat on Mommy's lap and me and Dad were sitting on either side of them. Mommy is showing Lu some pictures of when I was a little boy and some of the family. Cousins, aunts, uncles, nieces, nephews, grandmas, grandpas...

Lu seemed to be enjoying herself. Especially when Mommy brought out the embarrassing pictures and told embarrassing stories about me.

Lu's stomach growled out of no where. Mommy looked at me disapprovingly. "Linc, have you not been feeding this child?" She shook her head. "You ought to be ashamed of yourself. Come on Lulu." Mommy stood up and headed towards the kitchen.

Lu turned around and smiled. "Come on Daddy." she giggled. I stuck my tongue out at her, and she did the same. I breathed a laugh. I was about to stand, but Dad stopped me.

"Son stay here. I need to speak to you... It's important." He looked uncomfortable. He also looked hesitant. He took a deep breath, then stood up. He went to the bin where we usually put the mail. He came back with a clean white envelope. It was opened already. The letter was addressed to me. I opened the flap and read the first line. It was a bill...

I looked at Dad. "How did you get this?" I asked very seriously.

"Your accounts are still adjoined with ours." He said quietly. I could tell this was hurting him.

"Dad-" I started.

"Lincoln, how could you do this to us?" he asked in a broken voice. He was yelling quietly. I know very contradicting, but hey that's what he was doing. "Your mother especially. You know how she was after..." He stopped short not wanting to say it. "God Lincoln I wish you would think before acting. Your so selfish, you don't care about how your doings effect others."

I stood up definitely mad and offended. I laughed humorlessly. "You think I'm selfish?! I do know how mom was after all that stuff happened. I KNOW how she was since I was there to take care of her at the time. GOD! You call me selfish it's funny, because when Denis died you never once came to me or mom! You never once asked if we were okay! You never EVER once even thought how what YOU were doing was effecting us! And now your standing here thinking that what I did was bad! Yes I know what I did was bad that's why I got help. I went to rehab, because I realized that what I was doing was wrong. I changed. So don't stand there looking at me like I'm the enemy, when your no better then me!"

"Don't ever speak to me-"

"Don't what? Huh?"

"You will respect me in MY house."

"No, Dad how bout this. I respect you when you deserve to have respect." I was about to walk away but what he said next pissed me off.

"I am better than you."

"How?" I asked as I turned around.

"I'm better because I didn't knock up some whore when I was in High School. I didn't go to college to learn a profession that - quite frankly shouldn't even exist. I'm better then you because I have everything I want. And I do have and give respect."

"HA! See that's what you don't get, Daniel." I said using his first name. "Everything you care and is proud of is materialistic things. You don't care about your family. You don't care about me, or mom... Denis." My voice broke at the end. "All you care about is yourself. You're selfish. And you don't give respect to the most important person in your life."