Kidnapping isn't a crime. Right? Chapter 4

Going to the mall with Lu, wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. She was very shy about picking something out at first. I had asked her why she was acting that way. She told me that she had never gone shopping before. I told her that she could get whatever she wanted and that she shouldn't worry about the cost...

That's when she went crazy, but not as crazy as I've seen other girls go before. Lu was really small and her size showed it. She was barely there! But she was a cute little girl. She had light brown hair, that sat right on her shoulders. Her eyes were green like mine, which totally made this plan more believable. The hair color was random, but it would work. The eye color was a good thing. The cute thing was even better, because I am a cute guy. (Ha! Sound familiar?)

I know it's a horrible thing to say, but Lu is cuter than Alba, but it's true. Lu is beautiful and Alba is... well Alba is Alba. I'm sorry. You might think that I'm a horrible father for saying that, but I'm sorry if she got her looks from her ugly mother. It's not my fault!

"I'm hungry." Lu whined as she jumped on my back.

"Okay. What do you want to eat, Lu?"

She pressed her face into my shoulder blade. "I'm not sure yet."

"Well how about you think about it while we walk slowly to the food court."

She giggled. I turned around to the guys. "Lu want's to scarf some food down her throat, so where going to the food court." I could hardly see them under all of those bags they were carrying. They grumbled a response. "Do you guys want to put those in the car or something." They grumbled again. "Is that a yes or no?" More grumbling. "I didn't-"

"Yes!" they all exclaimed at the same time, causing the lady at the cash register to glare at us.

"Goodness, you could have said that a long time ago." I said as I headed towards the exit to the mall. When we got to the car the guys put all the stuff into the trunk.

"Remind me to never go shopping with you guys again. Especially you." Saym said pointing to Lu.

She giggled. "I'm sorry Uncle Saymie." Catcher looked at us confused. We all just shook our head.

"It's alright Lu." Saym smiled.

We started to make our way back to the mall till Catcher stopped in his track. He cussed. That was when we knew something was wrong because he never cussed, unless he was mad or something like that.

"What?" Amos and Saym asked at the same time. I was too curious to ask. I just wanted to know.

Catcher pointed to a car two rows away from where we were standing. I was confused, then I saw them. Two people came out of the car. One was a guy who looked so familiar. Donny. The other person was the one person didn't ever want to see ever again. MaryAnn.

"What the heck is she doing here?" I said threw my teeth.

"Lincoln," Amos said warningly. I looked at him. He had that look in his eyes like he knew what I was going to do and was telling me not to.

I shook my head. I looked towards them again. Then I saw her. My life. The reason I live. Alba. My heart ached as I saw her. She had a smile on her face, but I could tell that she wasn't truly happy. She was so like me. Hiding her feelings from the world.

I turned around. I couldn't look at her anymore. It was breaking me slowly. She was mine. My daughter. And that... THING! took her away from me. My life. I took Lu off my back and quietly made my way back to the car.

I got in and sat in the passenger seat. I looked ahead of me, numb. I felt myself slowly turn into the person I had once become, or someone I was close to becoming years ago.